Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my friend is getting an extremely rare festiva..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my friend is getting an extremely rare festiva..

So as some of you might remember, I posted some pics of an RHD Festiva in the photo gallery of my friend's Japanese Festiva.

Now he's gone and done it again..this time..the Festiva of choice..

Festiva GT-A

Some guy in Japan is selling it, and he said he's willing to pay whatever the cost to get it. So he might be the first person in Canada to have a GT-A!!(I think..if I'm wrong, let me know). Only 300 were ever made!!

Here's pics of the car up for sale:

WOW thats cool. ive got to come out to look at that thing if he gets it thats too cool to own....
    Last edited by sasquatch; 10-31-2008, 01:22 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

drooldrooldrooldrool that would be so amazing if he gets it

see in the pics whats on the strut towers, any idea what those are? maybe some sort of upgraded factory suspension

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        drooldrooldrooldrool that would be so amazing if he gets it

see in the pics whats on the strut towers, any idea what those are? maybe some sort of upgraded factory suspension
        i think they came with elec. adj. suspension kind of like the 626. (just hit a botton and it makes the shocks damp. stiffer) i think thats what it dose.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I'd like to see if a GTA front clip could be harvested for the fenders, hood and front fascia to fit onto a U.S. Festiva.

More aerodynamic, methinks. I wonder if that would increase MPGs by one or two at freeway speeds?

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            I'd like to see if a GTA front clip could be harvested for the fenders, hood and front fascia to fit onto a U.S. Festiva.

More aerodynamic, methinks. I wonder if that would increase MPGs by one or two at freeway speeds?

Karl
            considering how rare they are, would you want to tear one apart just to experiment??

i know it could be re-assembled but i wouldn't do it just in case something happens when its apart (like someone accidently steps on a fender)

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Did the GT-A Festys ever came with a painted front fascia?
              The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Damkid, there may be one wrecked in Japan and I'd get the front sheetmetal front bumper parts. Otherwise, no, I wouldn't want to tear one apart just to harvest stuff.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Seems a little strange to note the brake booster/master cylinder is on the left side, AC hoses on the right. What's with the radio antenna base on the right A pillar?

Comment

I like the bumper pad look. I think that may shorten the length of the car and sucks everything up into the radiator for more aerodynamic results. I may have to modify Levistiva a bit.
                    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                    #2 .....Cheesehead
                    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                    #4 .....Montana Project
                    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                    Bought her back for $450
                    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Miike the car is right hand drive that is why everything is backwards in the engine bay.

EDIT: wait your right I didn't read it right the first two times, yes that is strange. Maybe the engine bay shot is of a different festiva?

Comment

Well, I found a partial engine bay pic here

It looks as though the Master Cylinder is on the left there too...maybe it is a necessity due to the size of the 1.3 DOHC engine, and the offset to the right.

Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
                        '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
                        '68 Mustang Coupe
                        '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

Good point, you are probably right, but I wonder how the brake pedal setup works...

Comment

I dunno, maybe some sort of a bar type setup...kinda like the old ford mustangs and tempos that they used for drivers ed had...only better I would hope.

Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
                            '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
                            '68 Mustang Coupe
                            '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

If I recall the Japanese Festivas were actually manufactured by Mazda rather than Kia so maybe that's why the difference.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                              X