Looking at buying this Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at buying this Festiva

New to the forum here, I found a Festiva for sale near me and I became interested in researching more about it. I currently drive an old Buick, and I'm desperate to get back into something with a stickshift again and high mpg! Plus I'm looking forward to the go-kart handling...

This guy says all it needs for the safety check is a gas tank (and it needs a battery). It's a '92L with 148Km. (about 90K miles to most of you). Unfortunately I don't have a spare battery so I'm not sure how to test drive it and I don't want to really take the risk and buy it without driving it... anyway let me know what you guys think. I'll probably go check it out tomorrow.

http://thunderbay.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...QAdIdZ84685627

Looks nice to me, but I am new to this experience myself. I just bought a 93 Festiva L with 99K For $1450. Wish I could be of more help!

Comment

Looks like the paint doesnt match on some of the body panels. May have been involved in a accident or to take care of some rust issues. Id certainly pull a battery out of your Buick or jump start it or something to hear it run before I bought it. $1200 is a little high IMO.
      Last edited by freshtiva; 11-01-2008, 11:49 PM.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

agreed. i paid about $800 for my 91 and its in really good shape. ($500 for the car and about $300 to fly and pick it up and drive it home.) while it sounds insane to fly somewhere to buy a festiva, these cars are getting somewhat hard to find.

that guy should be talked down for sure given the fact that so many panels dont match. and take a close look at the frame to make sure it hasnt been repaired. i could be wrong but it also looks like its sitting a bit low in the back. could probably talk him down if the suspension needs attention.

good luck.

Comment

I personally wouldnt give more than 5 or 6 hundred for that car.

Comment

Tha owner said car runs good,have him start car up for test drive.
            Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
            99 Dodge Caravan SE
            95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
            94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
            78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
            78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
            03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
            95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
            95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
            95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

sstaurus,
              Where are you located? Is it close enought to justify going to look but not buying if you dont like what you see? You should take all expences as how much your payin for the car. Is that car worth it?

Comment

[QUOTE=sstaurus;177347]New to the forum here, I found a Festiva for sale near me and I became interested in researching more about it. I currently drive an old Buick, and I'm desperate to get back into something with a stickshift again and high mpg! Plus I'm looking forward to the go-kart handling...

This guy says all it needs for the safety check is a gas tank (and it needs a battery). It's a '92L with 148Km. (about 90K miles to most of you). Unfortunately I don't have a spare battery so I'm not sure how to test drive it and I don't want to really take the risk and buy it without driving it... anyway let me know what you guys think. I'll probably go check it out tomorrow.

Watch out ! They always seem to not quite be up to a buyer's expectations when seen in person.
                Insist on more pics, and if you can find a buddy to look at it up close, with a list to check out, ...do so ! Rust and abuse the main points to look for I believe.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...luckily it's only 10 min away haha... but its raining out today so not the best time for checkin out used cars I'll wait till tomorrow... And the mismatched panels don't worry me, as long as it was just rust repair and not from an accident. I would paint it anyway. Oh and I would definitely talk him down to around $800 probably.. ('bout 600usd these days)

Comment

Working...
                  X