Title question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title question

The guy who owns the Festiva I am buying said he sold it to a guy who got deployed and the guy could not get the car. It is registered in Georgia amd has the current owner's name on it and the guys name who could not get it. They crossed through the other guys name and have an affadavit saying what happened. Can I register it in North Carolina like that or will it be unregisterable?

no way will they let that fly....tell him just to tell them he lost the title and needs a new one. But if the guy bought the car got deployed....how do you know that the affidavit is actually ligit? What did he do with the other guys money....sounds fishy to me.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Id definately be leary. Id do what GD has suggested and also call your local DMV or who ever handles Tags and titles there and ask them about it. Who knows? It may not be a problem. Unlikely but maybe.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Two questions about the car. One, the oil was dirty and a little low and I looked into the engine and it was black coated with wet oil...is that a concern at 99K? Two, there was a flutter not a skip at the exhaust but it drove perfectly smooth and idled smooth...is that a problem if it supposedly has new plugs and wires. He said the car cut off by itself and he had replaced a fusible link.

Comment

Valve cover gasket. And possibly timing.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Still having issues with titling car

DMV giving two different stories..surprising, huh? One said they will not take a Georgia title with his son's name on it if it was not processed, even if they had an affadavit explaining his son got deployed...that it would have to be a new Georgia title in the dad's name only..no crossing out of son's name with affadavit. Then there is the new registration and inspection law in NC...car has to be inspected in NC before I can register it...and I can't drive it without registration. It looks like I am not going to get the car! I doubt the owner would pay $90 to inspect and register it in NC without passing the cost on to me. I am paying a high $1450 for a 93 with no air and 99K that needs an oil change and has an unknown shimmy over 55...I assume tire balance only. I do not want to pay the $90 extra with those things needed. What do you guy's think? Will I find a Festiva this low a mileage in very good condition in the future? It has a minor dent on the top of the tailgate and a hand pulled out spot on the left front fender...not too bad and has never been wrecked, repainted and no rust. The interior is very nice except one split where the vinyl and cloth join on the seat on the driver's side. Pics included.

Comment

Tell him you'll split the $90 fee with him. That way he'll still be getting the money he wants and getting rid of the car, and you'll be getting what sounds like a good festy. Otherwise I doubt anyone else, other than someone on here, would be willing to go through all that work to buy a festiva. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend, and what you're looking to do with the car.
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Working...
              X