Officially a Festiva owner now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially a Festiva owner now!

That's right, I'm official! I bought Geo2slow4u's 93 Aqua Festi. Took it home, scrubbed it down, buffed it and it's lookin' good! Can't wait to get the mods flowing. I've already slammed it on adjustable corolla coilovers! About to buy some white baby supra wheels and put some fender flares on it. I promise it's gonna be a clean lookin' Festi soon.
    Last edited by BUSTIVA; 11-04-2008, 01:00 AM. Reason: edit
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Alright! lets see some pics!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

congrats !!
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Yeah, I wanna hear about the "adjustable Corolla coilovers."

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Yeah, I wanna hear about the "adjustable Corolla coilovers."

Karl
          Oh they're just some cheap Ebay springs with height adjustability perches, off of my friends old Corolla. I eyed them up and figured they would fit, and they did . It's just a temporary fix for now. Next step is AGX's or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
            Oh they're just some cheap Ebay springs with height adjustability perches, off of my friends old Corolla. I eyed them up and figured they would fit, and they did . It's just a temporary fix for now. Next step is AGX's or something similar.
            No this warrants further investigation.

I'm interested as well. More information please.
            Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

hey, a southerner! if you ever want to meet up sometime, i'd LOVE to meet another southern festy owner. i'm right outside of memphis, TN. love to see your car!
              89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
              92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
              New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Congrats, now please post some pics!!! We like pics!!! Mine should be in the driveway tomorrow evening. No engine, more of a project than anything.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Thanks, I'll post some pics as soon as possible. I just got back from the track, lol. I ran a best of 9.75 53mph, with a 2.5 60ft, of course this was in the 1/8th mile. Actually it's like a few feet short of a full 1/8th mile. Suprisingly I had some great races! Everyone was asking what was under the hood, or if it was turboed. It's just bone stock, and no one believed me, LOL. I beat alot of riced out saturns, mx-6's, and even an s14 240sx. I was just curious what it would run stock, and to set a base line for mods. Best night I've ever had at the track!

Comment

I read 2.5 60ft , but my brain thought 2.5 0-60mph !

You could imagine the confusion that followed. . . .

...................Blake

Comment

holly springs track? i got a friend with a 86 monte carlo with a 400 in it. he went down there and his first time out in the car ran a 7.83 in the 1/8 mile. i had no idea a festiva would run a 9.75! very nice!
                      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                      92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                      New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

This was at a Jackson Dragway here in Ms. Last time I was there I was in my WRX and ran a 7.4. A little bit slower this time around, lol. But not for long!

Oh and I don't really recommend the corolla springs unless you find some shocks that can match the spring rate and length. The rear is bouncy! But as long as the road is smooth, it handles like a go-kart!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
                          Oh and I don't really recommend the corolla springs unless you find some shocks that can match the spring rate and length. The rear is bouncy! But as long as the road is smooth, it handles like a go-kart!
                          I know what you mean! I've got a cheap set in my car too.... Amazing on smooth roads, but you feel every little crack on regular roads....
                          1990 Festiva
                          - 5 spd. swap
                          - B6 SOHC swap
                          - Custom Interior
                          **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

Comment

You've had the festiva a week and you are already running the dog doo out of it ??
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                              You've had the festiva a week and you are already running the dog doo out of it ??
                              :evil4: Yes.

Actually it was a spur of the moment thing, lol. We were just curious what a bone stock festi would do. Don't plan on going back for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X