Outstanding info from the web...90-93 Changes to Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outstanding info from the web...90-93 Changes to Festiva

Boy, a 90 LX Five speed had all the goodies of the 91-93 GL but got a new grille, taillights, The automatic seatbelts...YUCK!.....but got FUEL INJECTION standard on manual and automatic....MUST BE THE MOST COVETED since it is the only manual transmission with tach, tilt, split folding rear seat, power mirrors, storage tray and FI. May be helpful to add this link to site permenantly? http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...rd-festiva.htm
    Last edited by stevewl1164; 11-04-2008, 08:51 AM. Reason: goofed , meant goodies of 88-89 LX!

88-89 manaul trans LX's had tachs.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

But no fuel injection...so this would make the 90 the only Festiva with a manual transmission and fuel injection to have a tach? The 91-93 had no tach on any model, even the GL...not sure if 91-92 GL Sports got a tach.

Comment

I have a 90 L plus, efi, manual, with tach
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Consumer Guide said L Plus was offered in 88-90 only, 90 was the only FI L Plus but my 88 L Plus did not have the tach...sure yours is a L Plus? If so, did the 90 L Plus have a split folding rear seat too. 90 L Plus and others also got the rear shoulder belts according to CG. if yours is a 90 L Plus that would make it a rare car too an L Plus with tach...if factory anyway.
          Last edited by stevewl1164; 11-04-2008, 09:26 AM. Reason: 90 only L Plus with MANUAL tranny and FI I meant.

Comment

Yep, definitely a 90 L plus...no split rear seat, but I do have A/C
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I want some split rear seats

Comment

i have no idea what model i have...maybe you guys can help.

1990 w/ power belts (which im replacing), 5 speed, tach, AC, NOT a split bench seat, NO tilt, NO power mirrors

Comment

sounds like an L Plus
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

The 90 L Plus had a tach? The 88 and 89 L plus did not...interesting!

Comment

the two '90 L Plus's I had did. And 88 did not have L Plus as an option. L and LX only.
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Wrong...L Plus was a mid year 88...I had two, a blue one and a silver one...both 88 L Plus with no tach and carb, four speeds versus five speed in 90. The four speeds did 3000 rpm at 60 from what I remember from Consumer Reports specs and the five speed did about 2550 rpm at 60. Anybody know how many rpm's the automatic did at 60?

Comment

All i know is my 88 LX has both mirrors (power), 5 speed, carb, A/C, rear defrost, rear wiper, cargo light in back, split rear seat, tach, alloy wheels, console with cruise control (was the cruise control aftermarket?), door pockets, but no underseat tray and it turns 3000 rpm at 70 in 5th gear.
                          Last edited by 88FestivaLX; 11-04-2008, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Seems to me a 90 LX five speed would be the ultimate Festiva, with fuel injection and LX equipment. Wonder if anybody on here has a 90 LX five speed?

Comment

The 90 Festiva was also the only year that came with a white faced tach. My 90 L plus has one.
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X