Busted Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted Jack

Anyone have good information on rebuilding a jack? I purchased one off Craigslist, only to find that it's not quite the way it was described. It lifts my dads Ion, but won't even budge my Jeep.

I'm thinking the fluid maybe just needs topped off or it needs a new seal or something? What about the screw on the top that says "DO NOT ADJUST"?

It's a Torin Big Red Jack... Their "racing style" edition.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

I have owned four racing jacks and only one is functional still. I had one repaired twice but it is broken again, and returned one for another as it was inside warranty. When they do what you observe they could just be low on fluid. So you should add some. On most jacks it is the screw beside the one that says do not adjust that you open to fill. Then you pump it a while and leave it open a touch so it bleeds excess air out. However, more likely it has failed. They have an o-ring on the piston somewhere and it gets damaged and leaks so it does not hold pressure. If you dismantle the piston apparatus you might be able to get a new o-ring and then fix it. Not too hard a fix really. My problem was I could not get an exact match on the o-ring so the fix would not hold.
    Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
    Icetiva-3-race-car-build
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Working...
    X