A funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny!

When I went to the credit union to get the cashier's check I told her I was paying way too much for my 93 Festiva...I told her tax value in NC was $325 she handed me a cashier's check for $14050, not $1450....she must have thought I had grabbed both ankles quite a few times!

Ha Ha. I had a previous employer list my hours worked for a two week period at 800 hours and figured my pay off of that. Took them til Monday to figure it out. Bet someone in Atlanta was sweating a little bit.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Hmmmm that would have prevented a few bounced checks....hopefully!

Comment

10 grand (take home) for a two week period. I could have gotten used to that.

Comment

The pay is fine but the hours suck
          Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Comment

You should hav cashd it, they probably only had you down for the $1450!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Talk about a cash advance on your checking account...that would have hurt! They would have called me back when they saw it was a typo and I did not have enough money I am sure. Good thing I noticed!

Comment

Had a girl at Wal-mart give me a $100 instead of a $10 once. I just stared at it until I figured out why it looked funny. I hate being honest sometimes.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Do be do be do" Sinatra
                  Or Scooby Doo
                  Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Comment

I had someone break 2 $100 bills for me and when i opened my wallet much later to pay for something else i had both the littles and the big's. Once you're already home no need to be honest. You have now taught them a lesson never forgotten. People go in tiger cages after bitten, but they are damn sure to count change.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

^^^ remind me never to do business with you...
                      The Festiva Store
                      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                        I had someone break 2 $100 bills for me and when i opened my wallet much later to pay for something else i had both the littles and the big's. Once you're already home no need to be honest. You have now taught them a lesson never forgotten. People go in tiger cages after bitten, but they are damn sure to count change.
                        Kinda still dishonest, but I see your point. If you go into a store, and write a check for over the amount and walk out without your change, you are pretty much out of luck getting your money, so in a way, I guess that's turn about.

Comment

To me, it would depend on how much was at stake and how easily I could right something that wasn't my fault. If it involved over $20 and wasn't too far away, I'd have to right it.

Put yourself in the other person's shoes and see how you'd like to be treated! If you're a lazy lackadaisical ne'er-do-well who might learn from a bad mistake, then act accordingly!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm with Carl if its more than a few dollars I'd give it back!
                            Life seems to be much better when you do the right thing.
                            Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                            99 Dodge Caravan SE
                            95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                            94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                            78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                            78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                            03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                            95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                            95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                            95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment