Short video under the hood of my Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short video under the hood of my Aspire

I made a short video under the hood of my Aspire. It was made with a cheap digital camera so quality isn't so good. Check it out.

Thanks to Marc's fesDiva for telling me about the site where I uploaded the video to.

You call that a runner!

This is a runner! My $75.00 Festiva runs great!

Ok so I got it and slapped in a diff engine and tranny......

Shaun

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeknof
      You call that a runner!

This is a runner! My $75.00 Festiva runs great!

Ok so I got it and slapped in a diff engine and tranny......

Shaun

You don't think it's good either? Yeah, someone on the Yahoo festiva group said the motor sounds noisy. Said it sounds 'diesely'. Maybe this car isn't all it's cracked up to be. Hell, the '90 Olds Cutlass Ciera wagon I bought for 150 bucks that's sitting in my yard ready to be towed didn't make any engine noise. Then again, it's not an overhead cam engine, so maybe that makes a difference. The 3300 V6 in the wagon doesn't burn or leak oil, the transmission shifts into drive like it should and even with the front sway bar totally removed from the car, it doesn't wander and just feel loose like the Aspire does. Now granted, the wagon would have needed a fair bit of work before I could have gotten it on the road. It would have needed that front sway bar, crank sensor, exhaust front to back, windshield, rear shocks, rear e-brake cables and uh, I think that was it. No, it also needed 2 rims and brake drums. I could have gotten everything I needed from a junkyard easily, nooo problem finding parts for these cars. The wagon would have been a more comfortable car but wouldn't get the fuel mileage the Aspire gets. So that's what I figure I'm giving up in the Aspire, comfort for fuel mileage. I figure the Aspire gets probably 28 mpg or so in town, maybe a bit higher on the highway. I'm not exactly sure what the wagon would get, but I had a 1990 Cutlass Ciera with the same engine and tranny, and that got about 28 mpg highway, probably 22-23 city. Whatever, you guys shouldn't pay any attention to this. I'm just cranky and can't sleep and in a mood to rant.

Comment

It really doesn't sound bad to me. That's how my engine pretty much sounds. Both fuel injected Festiva's I have sound like that. I think that's just how the engines sound. I have a 79' Thunderbird with a 351W in it that runs perfect. But gas mileage kills in it....so yes I gave up comfort to get better gas mileage also. Now I'd trade my Thunderbird for a Festiva no problem =p

Shaun

Comment

Working...
        X