I am probably not getting the 93 Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am probably not getting the 93 Festiva

Too many headaches. Too many concerns. I offered and he accepted $1450 for it. It has 99K. No air conditioning ever. It is registered in Georgia and he won't get a clean Georgia title or pay the $95 to do an immediate title in NC and that includes the state inspection....mandatory BEFORE it can be registered in NC. He wants to argue with me and insists that I try to title it with his son's name crossed out. He insists I can get it inspected afterwards...I can't do either. $95 out of his pocket is too much for him to pay. Who else out there is going to pay him $1450 for a 94 Festiva L five speed with no air and 99K? It needs an oil change, has a shimmy in the front over 55 mph, which I assume is just tire balancing...but not SURE that is all it is. There is a flutter at the exhaust, not a skip, but something I am concerned about since it has new plugs and wires. I had nobody able or willing to go check it out from the Festiva Club and am concerned I might be biting off more than I think. What do you guy's think?

Of everything you have said is holding you back from this one, the title issue, to me, is the biggie. Unless things are alot different in NC or GA, for that matter, there is no way they will issue you a title if the one you bring in has anything crossed out. None of the mechanical issues sound like deal breakers, at least to me, but the title issue would stop me in my tracks. Could be completely legit, but sounds hinky.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Yeah, I am just concerned about paying $1450 and had nobody from the site go with me to check it out. I may be able to get him to do it my way IF I pay the $95 for his cost to register it, then I would hve to pay $90 to register it myself, which is the cost of buying any car. It would be like me paying $1550 for it plus the oil change and tire balance and hope that is all my costs. I am in a quandry as to cancel the deal or not. I can't go back with someone now and say I want to have them check evrything out and find something else is wrong and try to lower the price...especially after all the back and forth over the title. Pretty much have to take what we agreed on and hope for the best...if he agrees to do the title work.

Comment

Meet the guy at a DMV and have them prove to him that he can't sell the car the way the title is. If he still won't budge, move on.
        www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
        www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
        Snoopy's
        4621 Atlantic Ave
        Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

tell him to deduct the total from the sale price and go from there. If he won't then something is wrong....1450 is a little high in the first place for a Festy in that condition.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Beware! The NCDMV is pretty good about protecting you, if there is a name crossed out...I doubt they would let it slide. I know the girls at my local DMV wouldn't! It took me over a year to get my Galaxie titled to me when I bought it, cuz the guy I got it from never had it titled..he just crossed out his name. I had to get the original owner...and the other guy all to come to the DMV together...which took me a year! Yeah, I was a stupid kid who wanted an old car! As much as I hate to say it, you should probably let this one pass.

Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
            '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
            '68 Mustang Coupe
            '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

No Clear title = No go
              I would walk away it sounds fishy to me plus the fact I would only pay that much for a mint festy or a motor swapped festy
              Even a salvage title would be better than what he is offering

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Where in GA is it?

Comment

If there is title issues I'd steer clear of it. The headache might not be worth the car. For that money you should be able to find another Festiva, just be paitent.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

i dont buy anything unless it has a clean/clear title. you will never fully know why its not clean/clear AND in many cases your auto insurance is higher as well.

price on this one sounds especially high given the title issue. keep looking and you will find your dream festy.

Comment

Looks like we got the title situation straightened out...MVR28 should do the trick according to the DMV. He has to get it inspected tomorrow before he can sell it to me. Once he does that, I can go register it and drive it. I just hope it is a good one. It was fun driving it...it drove like my 93 did with around 25K in 1995, so that is a good sign. It is a 93 with 99K and never had air, but the body and interior are good and no body or paint work done. Paint still looks very nice, even not waxed. This close to getting it...how do I get Fordfestiva.com stickers and do they do license plate surrounds?

Comment

Working...
                      X