Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever........painted on Hockey Stripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever........painted on Hockey Stripes?

Whenever the bodywork is finished, and it it's time to paint old red I was thinking about painting on the Hockey Stripes since nobody has ever come through with getting decals made..... I know where a Festiva is with the stripes, so I could get the exact size/shape of the factory ones, and make a stencil, and then paint them on. Anyone think this is a good or bad idea?
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

sounds good to me. they wouldnt peel off that way. go black! looks great on red. if i could find some i'd do it to mine.
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva View Post
      sounds good to me. they wouldnt peel off that way. go black! looks great on red. if i could find some i'd do it to mine.
      Yeah I was thinking black or silver, If someone would ever make decals I'd do that, but I'll prolly end up painting them on.
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

ummmm....they are actually still out there for sale....just have to know where to look.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          ummmm....they are actually still out there for sale....just have to know where to look.
          Where? Paint would still last longer though....

Comment

I have an 89 that has perfect stripes on it while the body has started to rust just a little....I would still be driving it if I had your motivation to fix it.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
              I have an 89 that has perfect stripes on it while the body has started to rust just a little....I would still be driving it if I had your motivation to fix it.
              Yeah, the one I know of has 1 OK stripe on it... Thanks! I take that as a compliment

Comment

I might have a set of them for $100 plus shipping.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

why doesnt someone get this made in vinyl? Rallytiva who live by me dose vinyle sighns and graphics if someone who has one could take the time and take some precise measurements im sure he could make us one

Comment

I just recently sent some rubbings to Willie, he is going to try and have some made. I also sent the backing paper off of some to Monsoon and he was going to have some made. Never heard much back about that. I know gotafesty wanted the backing next. Drooling pic below

Last edited by freshtiva; 11-06-2008, 01:13 AM.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I was going to post to PM 25Horseplay, he has or knows where to obtain the factory stripe kits.

Comment

Working...
                      X