front wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel bearings

i would like to thank FB71, 25 Horseplay, and PU 41 for your help with my front wheel bearings. I rebuilt the new front hub and spindle i bought (PU-41) suggestion and the whine has left the building in my front left wheel. Took it out for drive and the whine is gone, dont need no more cheese now (dumb saying), lol. I'll drive it around for about 25-30 miles and then jack it up and check the wheel play. I did let the wheels turn for about 15 minutes while still up on jack stands and it loosened up a little so i tightened them down. Drove around for about 15-20 minutes, jacked it up and wheels still tight. I'm a happy camper now i got the Grey Ghost back on the road.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

very nice....glad to hear it is Willie Nelson.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

congrats! glad you're back on the road!
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Always good to hear another Festiva is back up and running!!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Took car out today and ran highway for about thirty minutes at 65mph. No whine and the car ran straight as arrow steering wheel was straight right where it was suppose to be. Came home and jacked it up and wheels still nice and tight. Its amazing that one little spacer that goes between the two front bearings can make your wheel whine like its a tire out of alignment. The Grey Ghost is now back in commission.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
          X