B3 FI HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 FI HP

Ok so the Original carbed B3 was rated at 63 horse or so. My Aspire has FI and the Roller Rockers, so why is it still rated at 63 hp. It has to be more.
    1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
    B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Carbed B3s are rated at 58 hp.

FI at 63.

Same/same throughout the years, since '89 automatics were FI (63 hp).

Aspires also got some differences in manifolds which affected torque levels, but HP officially stayed the same, IIRC.

Of course with minor differences between engines from a production line. Add state of tune or untune. YMMV.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

is that hampster power?!? b/c mine felt like the tranny was slipping after getting out of the bmw and getting back in my festy. That is when I realized I needed to sell it or put a larger engine in it. I am out of time so sold it

Comment

Do all B3s have roller rockers?
        www.dantheoilman.com
        AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
        Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

no the 88's have solid lifters. and I dunno if u could quite call the other style roller. thats a good one for jim. I think calling the other style hydralic is about as far as u could take that one.

Comment

94 and Up

Ive Looked at a couple of B3"s From what I see they didn't put the rollers in untill the aspire's 94 & up
            1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
            B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

my aspirre didn't look like it had roller rockers. It looks like the hla not a roller setup. HLA is slightly different then roller. rollers use just that rollers that ride instead of a flat lip.

Comment

Sorry

Im sorry for the description but your right. they are the closest things that our engine"s will see to true rollers, but that is the best way I can describe them.
                B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

true

Comment

Thanx

Thanx man I thought i was just triippin.
                    B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

Working...
                    X