New Festiva Smell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Festiva Smell!

My 93 Festiva L still smells like it did when new....I admit it, when I got off work second shift, I used to go by the Ford dealer and sit in the new Festivas that were unlocked. My favorite was a Green L model with the light tan interior. I was sitting in mine and noticed that after 16 years it still smells EXACTLY like those did new. It must have never been smoked in, but with no air conditioning and being in Georgia it's whole life, it had to have lots of window down time....wonder why it still smells new? Anybody else notice that? My 88's did not smell new and neither did my 93 GL, not even at two years old. The 93 L has a unique smell.

new car scent.....sold at most auto parts stores.....lol
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

mine smells like farts.... might have something to do with Taco Bell.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Mine is the original new car smell...maybe it is the vinyl they used on L versions, mine has cloth and vinyl seats.

Comment

I have a 93 L and it smells like fresh country air. Yep, i live in a farm community and it definitely has that fresh country smell.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
            I have a 93 L and it smells like fresh country air. Yep, i live in a farm community and it definitely has that fresh country smell.
            ahhhh I love the smell of cow manure in the morning....lol.
            Febreze is a great product.....might want to try it Jim....hahahaha.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

when i bought my car i found a little bottle of prefume in the ash tray and it smells good. so if i ever fart i just open the ash tray to cover it up lol.....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

lol, my festiva smells like a dank blunt right now... hahaha Its awesome
                1990 Festiva L

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  when i bought my car i found a little bottle of prefume in the ash tray and it smells good.so if i ever fart i just open the ash tray to cover it up lol.....
                  IF? LOL! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                    oh yeah mine has that smell too, i love t-bell

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post

Jim -- Good one !!!

:p

Comment

What's not to love about taco bell?!

Seriously though I went to look at an 89 LX a week ago and it smells like a festiva. I've been in more festivas that smell like festivas than that smell like old car. I don't know why but really festivas have their own, trustworthy, delicious, memory filled smell. I LOVE it.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax View Post
                          What's not to love about taco bell?!
                          Mostly the exhaust! :-(

Comment

They should call it Taco SMELL....

Comment

Working...
                            X