bought a new car today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a new car today

2004 ford focus zx5 4 door loaded with leather heated seats and a moon roof.
    i will still drive the festy everyday and the focus on road trips.
    what you guys think of them???????
    shayne

I rented a Focus ZX5 sedan last spring to go to W.Va. and then to Canada. I liked it, although it was not "loaded." AC and roll up windows, just like I prefer. My only (small) complaint was that the window cranks worked exactly the opposite of what I'm used to! It was tan with black trim and I liked the looks as well.

Gas mileage seemed decent, handling and power (I think that model is the 130 hp 2.0 Zetec engine) were great and I really enjoyed driving it on the hillbilly back roads to Holly River State Park. My friend Marie went with me to that place, and I went alone to Canada after taking her back to Columbus. Plenty of room too: I had a mat in the back seat area and striking pads and other equipment on the trip to Canada.

I didn't think I'd like the ZX sedan but I did. (I still would prefer to have a ZX2 though.)

If I ever rent another car I'd really like to try the Aveo, since it is about as close as you can get to a "Festiva-like" vehicle. Then I guess it's the Echo and then on the Focus in about that order.

Just think what an updated Festiva would be like with the latest technology or even a hybrid setup.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

FUC FUCUS

My cousin has one, it was fine for the first two years, now its having a tone of problems, and the paint is pealing, electrical problems, fuel pump extra...

I like the two door hatch back, but I would have to swap a mazda, drivetrain into it:-)

Logan

Comment

I've got 74,000 miles on my 2002 Focus ZX3 and the only problem I've had with it was the idle air control valve went out at about 65,000 miles. Well, that and the auto tranny blew up at 17,000 miles but that was my fault because I bracket drag raced the car every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night for the first summer I had it. My dealer replaced the tranny under warranty with no questions asked. My wife bought a used ZX3 because she liked mine so much and has put over 35,000 miles on it with no mechanical issues and it's closing in on 70,000 miles. Be sure to check www.focaljet.com.

Comment

nice to hear it is a good car.
          the major reason i bought it was they gave me areal good trade in amount for my piece o crap explorer and it has 5 year warranty left on it.
          but it will never be a festiva .
          my festy still has a spot in the heated shop.
          My dodge van on the other hand will be stayin outside this winter.

shayne

Comment

Working...
          X