Sweet deal on 95 Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet deal on 95 Aspire

My older brother just got a sweet deal on A Greenish 1995 four door Aspire. he only had to pay $100 for it and it only has 170,000 miles on the engine. I want that car, I'm thinking Aspire brake upgrade for my Stiva but nooooooooooooooooo, he's selfish, he won't come off it.
    keeper of The Brave Little Toaster and Bizarre

Well can you blame him? It IS a sweet deal! Now if it conks out on him suddenly and he can't get it fixed you may inherit some suspension & brake parts...

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I hope so but I'll not be holding my breath :lol:. Maybe a little sabotage :twisted:

Comment

Okay, now you're using your noodle!

Give him some "free oil" for his next oil change. Only instead of "5W30" it's "Wesson" or "olive."

Actually, there was a story from a book on the Douglas DC-3 I once read where during WWII they had no oil for a C-47 (military DC-3), so they used vegetable oil and the plane made the trip anyway, with no immediate damage to the engines.

I'd imagine that stuff would lube okay at first, but break down really fast.

BTW, I'm NOT giving you any ideas, okay? I'm not that kind of guy. We must all respect the integrity and good health of B3s, even other people's. Yep, even when that B3 inhabits a shell of parts that we covet.

COMMANDMENT 11: THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY BROTHER'S ASPIRE FOR PARTS.

Do I have an "amen," brother Bizarre?

Karl

Comment

amen brother, Great stuff :lol: . I'm not that way ither, especially with blood, ya feel me. Besides I've got nothing to complain about, the lords been good to me. I just got a new to me B3 engine with 170,000 miles for my Stiva complements of jeffdjeffd. All I have to do is put it all together and get it in my car. I was thinking about painting my Festiva camouflage cause I seen a tricked out Honda Civic painted Camouflage in Lafayette Tennessee, and it looked off the hook :twisted: . What do you think about it ?
          Later,
          Bizarre

Comment

Camoflage paint? I thought that was only for rednecks in their 4x4 Chevy trucks and such.

Comment

I love camo just about anything, especially women in Woodland sundresses!

It'd be really cool to have a desert camo Festiva in the actual desert!

Olive drab by itself would be nice. I do know there are places you can get the actual milspec flat colors to use and info on camo painting guidelines. When I was in the Army I did observe that not all camo supposedly of the same type matched. There were often differences. I think a lot of the painting is done at unit levels "on the fly." I recal seeing some of that at Fort Meade right before we went to Saudi.

I have also seen camo seatcovers. In Pep Boys. Check them out; I didn't look at them closely.

Karl

Comment

thanks for the heads up karl :wink: they sound really cool I'll check um out sometime but for now I've got a really nice set from Wal-Mart they have the Ford emblem embroidered at the top. They are really thick and comfortable. I paid 20 something dollars for them. And as for Infinitrium, Stereotyping isn't very nice besides I'm from the south and I'm a southern gentlemen and not a "redneck". I just happen to like camo. Keep stereotyping though, it makes you sound real smart
                Later,
                Bizarre

Comment

Working...
                X