A/C condensor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C condensor question

We are getting a 2004 mitsubishi endeavor for free...The car has a busted condensor, so no cold a/c. When the damage occured the quote was 900 bucks. I know most of that is labor just taking the front end pieces off...but are all a/c lines as far as fittings pretty universal? If I have a condensor off another car could it in theory be made to work If had lines that reached? I have not looked up the cost of the actual part that was screwed up. I really need to take an HVAC certificate class, it's probably keeping me from going full time out here. I guess my other question would be what costs more, to buy a new part that belongs on the car, or get a hold of custom lines to make what i have work? Wtih my luck you cant buy it by itself, they will call it a crash piece which means you need another core support and radiator. The dealer wouldnt cover it by warranty because it was rock damage, and insurance...well dunno wasnt my car, can't speculate. Any input on what i should do?
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Rockauto.com lists a condensor for it for $160-$200, direct fit.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

two words: Demolition Derby

I am the original

Comment

lol not the mitsu. its got low miles and its the new family car. Yeah Ill get the condensor next week when i get paid.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
        X