obd2 diagnostic connectors 92festie 1.3liters of gas saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obd2 diagnostic connectors 92festie 1.3liters of gas saving

HELP! I have tried and failed to get my check engine lght to flash codes.Ive followed haynes instructions to no avail.Im not sure if the ground im using is correct or plugging into the correct terminals.Also if an ill fitting air filter is used can it cause stumbled accel and the engine light to come on intermittently.I thank you all for listening a somewhat hasty response would be wonderful as i will be on :lol: vacation,lord willing on 9/1 to9/7 and i need to get her done.When the wife quits bleedin ill get her done too lol

to all my hard(and not so hard)Working Festie Friends

darryl kerbuski/datone38@aol.com
    92 blue cool festie w/sunroof
    89 festie bit rusty(michigan) still going strong
    workin hard lovin life just need the the old festie right

for the ground you just clip onto the body or block or negative battery terminal.

If I remember correctly I think the pin you need to ground is the STI and thats on a six pin connector by the MC. The haynes manual had a pretty good picture of which pin it was on that connector.
    Turn the key to run, set your meter for 20vdc, put one lead into the neg battery terminal and the other into each of those pins. Most of em will either give nothing or 12v constant. There will be one that is spiking from 0 to 12v, thats your pin.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

thank you for the clarification

ok now i get it i was trying the terminal pictured in the book oops, your explanation makes perfect sense thank you for the info.

in closing life is good ,it can only ultimately grow to its fullest with the knowing the lord.

datone38@aol.com
      92 festie 40 mpg soon to grow
      89 soon to be rollin $4.00 a gallon when will it end?
      workin hard lovin life just need the the old festie right

Comment

Working...
      X