Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on FMS body kits

OK, just got off the phone with Roger. Here's the scoop;

They was little to no body kit production this past year due to two major issues;

The business partner / original owner of FMS sold his share to Roger and other partners, so he could return to active military service. This forced the business to physically relocate, which wreaked havok on inventory control and body kit production.

FMS has had a supply issue with polyester resin used to make the body kits, most likely due to changing pollution and shipping regulations.

Roger said he was expecting to back in full swing long before now, but these issues have kept their production suppressed. He is hoping to be back at capacity by the end of the year, maybe slightly sooner.

He also stated that he knows the website is poor, and apologized for it. He hopes to have a new site up early in the new year.

Lastly, he wanted me to express his thanks for our continued support and patience. He knows it has been frustrating for us. He says he should have more parts to offer this coming year, but do understand that some prices will increase, due to the dollar's weakness against the Yen. He's working on controlling and possibly lowering prices on anything possible.

On a personal note; Please do NOT post negative, slanderous, or overly-critical comments about FMS in response to this post. They will be immediately deleted, without discretion. This is simply to inform everyone here of what was conveyed to me, by Roger, during our phone conversation this afternoon.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Glad to see that he's continuing FMS. Do you know how back ordered the body kits are?

Comment

Thanks for the update Jim. I've always found Roger to be very good to talk to and he's always stood by his products. Great to hear that his plans for the future.

Cheers
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
        Glad to see that he's continuing FMS. Do you know how back ordered the body kits are?
        no, no idea.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Yep Roger rocks!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

you know, with as many members as we have on this sight alone, we could make FMS Roger's full time gig.

i'm thinking some spoiler production is in order as well.... HINT, HINT
            and possibly some aero aids, like hatch difusser, undertray, rear wheel skirts?
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

FENDER FLARES!!! Front & Rear!!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
              In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

motor mount kits and rear disk kits

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                  FENDER FLARES!!! Front & Rear!!
                  x100

Comment

bring back cusco strut bars!!
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      and possibly some aero aids, like hatch difusser,
                      shhh..........
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                        bring back cusco strut bars!!
                        if those are the blue ones with the adjuster in the middle.... bring them back!!!! they are the best looking ones ever!!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                          if those are the blue ones with the adjuster in the middle.... bring them back!!!! they are the best looking ones ever!!!!

pics?
                          93-1.6l
                          f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

I agree with fender flares but really dont think it'll happen.

If I remember correctly theres no deal on a whole body kit?

Comment

thats good to know they'll be back into production soon, time to start saving :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X