1993 Festiva vs 2007 Honda Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Festiva vs 2007 Honda Fit

You guys notice how close they are in interior space? Festiva is a lot shorter, like almost two feet. The Honda is not much roomier for it's bulk. I thought it was interesting. You can look up and compare any car from a long way back to today....fun to play with and see.

Comment

It is that 500 lbs of saftey stuff....like crumple zones....that festiva's don't have. I ain't loosing any sleep over it though :-P I love how simple festiva's are.

Comment

You just gotta drive a Festiva with the same Situational Awareness that you have to have on a motorcycle. Namely, "everyone on the road who doesn't have hold of my steering wheel (or handlebars as the case may be) at this moment, is out to get me & I must not let them succeed!"

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Exactly, Sam.

The same idiot politicians who passed increased safety standards probably smoke big cigars, drink themselves to sleep, exchange body fluids with multiple partners and visit tanning salons.

I only drive an old car!

Karl
          Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-25-2008, 04:14 AM.
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Karl, that is a great way to put it (and it's probably true!)
            91 lx 4d hatch - first car and would be my father's dd if he would fix the waterpump
            91 lx 2d hatch - parts car
            92 lx-e - the quick, beat-up rustbucket
            98 se - the luxury dd
            in search of a festy...
            Going quickly in a slow car is more fun than going fast in a fast car, cause anyone can go fast in a fast car, but you take a car that is essentially not that powerful, and make it do things that its not supposed to be able to do, well that's where the real fun is. - Jay Leno

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
              Exactly, Sam.

The same idiot politicians who passed increased safety standards probably smoke big cigars, drink themselves to sleep, exchange body fluids with multiple partners and visit tanning salons.

I only drive an old car!

Karl
              hey, don't talk about Bill Clinton like that...
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
              X