Found a good base! Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a good base! Finally!

Haven't picked it up yet... But I have my uncle going to buy it very shortly!

It was a little pricey ($2000).. but it's SUPER low mileage, it's only got 70,000 Kilometers on it and completely rust free.

Anyone see anything that could be problematic?

Very Nice!
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

You're right...it IS a bit pricey, but I can't see anything that looks bad. In fact, the interior looks downright spiffy!! Best of luck to you!!
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Nice Sport model with spoiler...where are the alloys? Thought you were getting a five speed...what is miles equal to in US miles?

Comment

Originally posted by Amos View Post

Anyone see anything that could be problematic?

[]

That red stripe interior will cause stigmatism. To help out Id swap you some interior that would be better for your vision. I would have thought the sport model would have a tach, power mirrors, and a/c but those can be had. Noticed the factory mudflaps.

Nice find !!!
          Last edited by freshtiva; 11-28-2008, 10:43 PM.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Man....I don't know about that car.....you may want to pass on it!

The steering wheel is crooked and its an auto. Just let me know where it is and I will make it disappear so you want be tempted to buy it.....lol.

Really though....only thing I saw from the pics was a slight oil leak...no biggie at all.
            Pics of the back missing though...I noticed the spoiler but wondering if it has the cargo cover?
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Just noticed...it is missing the alloys too...ask him if he has them.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

The spoiler looks like it may cause some problems for you down the road. Just send it my way and I'll dispose of it for you!
                "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Nice score, I think its worth the money just for that rare interior. Not to mention that car looks very mint.

Comment

Rare model, Rare Condition, Rare mileage, Good options.......Definitely a good base.

If you've got the money I say "Go for it".
                    Steve GT

Comment

Wait red stripe interiors are rare?

My Partstiva has a red stripe interior.... I'm also planning on getting the interior re-done in all leather... So I plan on not ruining a rare interior...

I guess that means I've got 2X sets of red-striped interior and 2X spoilers for sale

Anyone wanna help me fund my new toy? lol

Oh, I plan on swapping it to a 5 speed at the same time as I drop in a B6... I just gotta... Y'know teach myself how to drive a stick.

Comment

It seems like every festiva from canada i see has the red stripe interior and a spoiler...what gives!?
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Keep it in its original rare condition. You can put that stuff in any festiva. Owning a sport model comes with custodial responsibilities.
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                            I would have thought the sport model would have a tach, power mirrors, and a/c but those can be had.
                            Tachs and a/c never made over the 49th parallel. The Sport came with manual mirrors.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

That is not a high price to me, with only 70000kms it is probably one of the lowest milage gl sports out there. Even though it is an auto it still is a great car, mine is an auto and does well for what it is. That is the most rust free festiva you will ever find in Canada. Also, try and see if he has the white alloys for it.
                              1993 GL Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X