Rear brake line pictures..needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake line pictures..needed

My guy who is going to install my brake lines on the rear cannot find a good pic of original setup.I got the car and didn't realize the old rear complete brake lines were completely missing.!!!I have been driving just on the fronts.!HA!

As long as the plastic line holders that the line clips into are still on the car he should be able to figure it out. I know that the pass. side rear is routed up, over the front of the gas tank. Right along the part of the body that has a drop from the back seat to the floor. Some imagineering on the routing at the front may be necessary because of the way the lines go between the firewall and trans support. There should be clips along the inside of the driver side rocker panel that will have spaces for both brake lines along with the fuel lines. Make sure he uses metric lines cuz they ain't American thread. Which you probably already knew. Hope this somewhat helps.

Comment

"Make sure he uses metric lines cuz they ain't American thread."

I bought my lines at AutoZone. Just asked for 3/16 inch lines. Didn't specify metric or SAE. They fit into the wheel cylinders, calipers, and proportioning valve just fine. '90L

Comment

I tried American lines on both my '89 and '93 and ended up getting metric. They were 3/16" but with the metric ends. I wonder if they came with both??

Comment

I have some rear lines lying in a box.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
          X