easy tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy tune

wat would be the easiest ways for me to maximize all horse and torque for my new little car??? thx

Tune up?

Comment

done. i mean like any tweeks. i already have to relpace the front right cv shaft

Comment

There is alot of threads about engine swaps. Most of us has done this. The easiest way to gain more hp would be to do a b6 engine swap (its the engine from 323s). Many say that its simple, basic plug and play with little to no modding.

Look under the N/A engine section for the sticky about B series engines. Btw if you was in Hawaii, I would have given you a b6 for free

Comment

shoot ill pay for the shipping to the states
          Last edited by Pu241; 12-08-2008, 04:48 PM. Reason: language

Comment

Lol, seriously would be cheaper to find one locally. You should post up your location so the vets can point you in the right direction for future help. The shipping would be over 300$, Im sure you can find a good engine for way less.

Comment

a simple idea is to run a can of SEA FOAM through the vacuum hose and a little through the gas tank...It supposedly clears out the carbon build-up and allows you to get a lot of your hp back...the actual number varies, but I heard somewhere around 10-14hp...some of the other guys on here know more about it, just search the threads;}
              89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

^^^^^^ totally slipped my mind.

Comment

10-14 hp? No. Thats like a quarter of our power lol. If youre sticking to the b3 and wanna keep it simple, just do the regular maintenance. Tuneup, lube, etc. Then I would bump the ignition timing up a bit and run higher octane gas. I can run what Im guessing is around 15 degrees on regular, but around 20 degrees on premium, and this really wakes the b3 up. Really torquey compared to 10* on regular. Open up the intake and maybe the exhaust too if you want, but I wouldnt open that exhaust up too much unless you plan on a swap.

Ive also read one or two people on here who have set up turbos on their b3, more like rigged but it worked out pretty well for the lil motor. Id only do that if you were really wanting to do some DIY work. I would really like to have a little more power on tap but I really want to keep the b3 for the economy. A small turbo on the b3 with megasquirt would be sweet to me. Tune it in the lower rpm range for pure economy and from 3000 rpms up for power. I wouldnt look for more than 90-100hp at the flywheel but that would be plenty for me. Right around 15 seconds in the quarter, 0-60 in 6.5-7.0 seconds, assuming decent traction. Id be happy.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                  X