Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire VS festiva reliability

Hi everyone,
    I did a search for this but found nothing relevant.
    Getting a newer used car to replace my '88 Festiva now has to be an option for me because of rusty front engine cradle mounts to the core support (mount is resting on sway bar), and so this message is directed to those of you who have had, or HAVE both a Festiva and an Aspire. I know the Aspire is a bit bigger and heavier, but more comfortable to drive than a Festiva, but which of the two is more reliable, and by how much, if you know what I mean.

Also what year Aspire is best?

Thanks.

p.s. but of course how long could I drive it with the cradle resting on the sway bar? All the other mounts look good, as do the sway bar mounts,,,,so how long would it last that way?
    I need the car to last another 10,000 miles.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

PM'd.

Comment

From what I know they are about the same,but the Festiva looks better to me!
      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
      99 Dodge Caravan SE
      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

i have both the aspire has a more comfy interior but as far as fun to drive the festy kills it but i grew to love my aspire

Comment

The aspire seems quieter and rides better and has much more cargo room with the rear seat upright

Comment

My high miles aspire rides better than the low miles festiva i almost bought. It does however corner like doodoo. Deathegg saw my festiva, and even though it was in decent shape, i junked it, in favor of an already running aspire. You cant go wrong with either one, the aspire has dual airbags which possibly can be an insurance discount, not that a festiva costs anything to insure. Aspires also have more modern a/c systems, and a lot of them out there have a/c.

Scenario: If you buy an aspire and it does get crashed, you already have a great donor bin for another festiva. There seems to be a lot of festivas that do not run for almost free...not as many aspires.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

my aspire costs me more to opperate handles worse and my head hits the headliner

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
              X