Bad News and Good News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News and Good News

I sold my Festiva today and got most of what I had in it out of it. Can't get EVERYTHING back...tax and tag and insurance...but I DID get what I paid for the car back. NOW I am on the hunt for a DRIVER! I was so paranoid about going over the 100K mark I was not driving it. The new owner is likely to join Fordfestiva.com and will drive it and enjoy it without feeling guilty. Psychological block, so no Festivas with under 100K!!! Dean is on the hunt for me. Wish us luck.

Ah come on man, that's like getting rid of you kids when they reach some arbitrary age. :-(

Comment

I did not know I would feel that way....glad the new owner will drive it and enjoy it. I had an 88 with 234,000 on it. Not afraid of the miles...I know they will do it. Hopefully I can find one with more miles so I do not feel guilty about driving it.

Comment

Hmmm.... maybe you can talk Jeff out of his cherry ride that has a mere (approx) 540,000 miles on the clock. Hey, I'm just sayin'...........

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

LOL, well mine did 234K, so it was barely broken in then!

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
            I was so paranoid about going over the 100K mark I was not driving it.
            I don't get it?????
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

So you bought a nice clean low milage Festiva not long ago,only to turn around and sell it,now you want to buy one thats well worn with over 100,000 miles.Hmmmmmmmm?
              Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
              99 Dodge Caravan SE
              95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
              94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
              78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
              78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
              03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
              95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
              95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
              95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

I have a simular relationship with these little cars. If their low miles and clean, I asell them...if they're ugly, I keep them. My lady thinks I have a deep seeded feeling that I don't deserve nice things, I think it's more the value, and I'm a natural utilitarian. As long as they drive well, get good mpg, I could almost care less what they looks like. My daily driver (89 carbed) has no carpet, no back seat or supports, no plastic side panels, no windsheild trim, and mismatched wheel covers....oh, and a piece of duct tape holding the radio bezel on.
                Because....45 MPG.

Comment

My favorite was my blue 88 L Plus..it burned oil from day one, but ran like a scalded cat! I drove it like I di not care and it kept asking for more. Just had to add oil every 800 miles or so. I whipped around corners and took off fast...what did it matter? The nice newer blue one was so nice I did not want to mess it up. I drove it for the first real drive on the way to the buyer's house. It ran great and handled great. It reminded me of my old blue one....it was really zippy. The gas guage did not move. Must be good on gas too. What amazed me was fifth was good as low as 35 and still pulled strong enough to not have to downshift to fourth. Was WAYYYY more fun than the 2009 Fit I test drove.

Comment

Working...
                  X