Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supra mk3?

does anyone kno anything about these cars
    are the prone to breaking down? easy to work on?

is this a good price?

Nice clean car for a 1989.5,were decent cars in 89!
    Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
    99 Dodge Caravan SE
    95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
    94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
    78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
    78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
    03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
    95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
    95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
    95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

I had a 1986.5 (non-turbo). Only issue I ever had was a leaky cam cover... kept filling the spark plug trough with oil. Later discovered this was common only in the 1st two production years for the 7MGE (the non-turbo) engine... Toyota had a problem with the castings those years. I drove the h-e-double-toothpicks out of the car for 11 years (oh, I did take care of it). Best car I personally have ever owned. I still miss it.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
      In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

ive had a few of them biggest things are running warm(usually trapped air in to cooling system)(there a pain in the butt to bleed)
        all 3 that i have owned have thrown some strange codes for no reason(easy to reset)
        quite a few electrical problems....hard starts, power loss issues when cold, nothing that was very difficult to fix.
        turbo and head problems 2 of the 3 i had warped the head and the other 1 i had, had just had a new head put on it. turbo's are turbo's get a turbo timer and use high quality oil and keep up on oil changes. from the factory they dont have the best oil delivery to the turbo but thats easy to fix
        the biggest thing is propper maintance with them. keep them up to par and you will have a great car.

btw i have only owned turbo mk3's
        Last edited by ohsoslow; 12-27-2008, 06:19 PM.
        88 mustang 427 stroker garrett t-76 turbo best run 8.86@ 151.56

91 red gl festiva the $50 daily driver <--toast
        WANTED 78-80 FORD FIESTA (PREF GHIA)

Comment

good cars. motors are fairly strong and abundant if you blow it up (7MGTE). first thing to do is put in a metal headgasket. best thing to do is swap out the stock motor for what they came with in Japan (1JZGTE - 2.5 liter twin turbo). motors are stronger and more reliable. id think the price is a bit high but thats me. blue book it and take a look around and see what turbo ones are selling for. main thing youre going to want to know is if it was well kept maintenance wise. and remember, youre dealing w/ a 20 year old car at this point. good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X