festiva shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 bucks to much

Well not to be rude, but 25 bucks for a little metal braket is not worth it, I mean most of us either can live with the problem, or get someone to jerry rig it for us.

Comment

ill fix anyones festiva for free. come to my house. it takes about 30 seconds with a welding machine. no other tools needed, besiudes a floor jack.

Comment

palm beach whats that a tank of gas form michigan :lol: :lol:
        1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
        2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

Comment

I hate the placement of the shifter in the Festiva. I hate it so much. My old MR2 had awesome shifter position which made driving the car so much more enjoyable. The driving position in the Festiva downright sucks ass.
          * Retired Festiva-er*
          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Re: 25 bucks to much

Originally posted by Gforcefd
            Well not to be rude, but 25 bucks for a little metal braket is not worth it, I mean most of us either can live with the problem, or get someone to jerry rig it for us.
            Suit yourself, but frankly that's less then the cost of a tank of gas these days, and less then the cost of your car, when it happens on the highway at speed. Try and explain to the insurance adjuster how it happened LOL.
            Chris Rummel

Comment

trying to scare people into buying a product isnt a good way to do buisness.

Comment

Originally posted by CryptokiD
                I am an idiot and i don't have a clue what I am talking about. Someone ban me please
                http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

not scaring

Well if that is the way it came across, that was not the intent. But I have to say that I find the notion of $25 shipped as being a lot to pay as a bit offensive to me. This really is a safety issue, as this flaw has the probability of causing a serious accident. I spent the better part of 15 hours making a batch of these (mostly for sale on a MX3 forum) in which I got 27 done.
                  I don't know how much your time is worth, but with approximately 2 and 1/2 hours labor to make one of these, you are getting a bargain with a cost of only $25. Although it may seem simple (and it is) the amount of effort I put into making it bulletproof and of a high quality finish, involves fabrication and welding. Take almost any item to a welder to get welded properly, and you will end up paying at least $50 for the same amount of labor welding wise I put into these. essentially you are getting this for $20, $5 flat rate for shipping, that works out to $10 an hour for the work I do on it. Of course I could cut the time down, just use a spot weld to hold the pieces together, not paint it, not include the hardware, but that is not the way I do things, I take more pride in the quality of my work.
                  Yes there are probably a hundred ways to half ass this fix, but you get what you pay for. I personally find it offensive to hear that the people on this board see my efforts to fix this problem as using scare tactics to make a couple of bucks, as well. I suppose you guys expect me to make these for free, and just give them away, well if you do you live in a fantasy world. Do you think the companies that make seat belts for car companies just give them to GM and Ford? no and the quite frankly small amount of money I make from these is really just enough to make it worth my while to bother giving a damn to make them at all.
                  If anybody wants to give further argument or get more nasty over this issue, take it to the arena and I'd be happy to take the gloves off.
                  Chris Rummel

Comment

Chris.. it was a Crypto post.. ignore him.

Comment

Its a free market if ppl want to get a antidrop bracket from Rumnhammer
                      then that's between him and his customer. If you feel it's to much you can do what you want that's how the system works.

Comment

Originally posted by Epixstar
                        palm beach whats that a tank of gas form michigan :lol: :lol:

4 or- I made it from the genreal vecinity of AnnArbor to Orlando, took 3 and a half tanks to get there.
                        "Nothing's gonna grieve us
                        When we drive Festivas
                        I could go a hundred miles an hour
                        Long as I got the Almighty Power
                        With my plastic Jesus
                        Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

up tight

Gosh guys were just talking here, no need to get offended by anything anyone says, I mean the arena is where people are really being arses about stuff, usually if someone makes a statement outside the arena, at least not a new person to the board, its usually not meant to offend anyone.

I was just saying that I didn't view it as a real safety issue, because just because it drops out doesn't cause any safety issues, because I don't use my shifter to stop the car, or steer the car :-)

I don't really think it is a safety concern unless someone doesn't know about it, and it distracts them when they go to shift, and they take their eyes off the road (there fault for crashing).

I didn't mean to insult you hammer.

Logan

Comment

Working...
                          X