mine is still a baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mine is still a baby!

i went to fill up the other day and saw another festy at the gas station. i filled up, went to pay, came back out and the other festy owner was walking around my car. he said every time he sees another one he has to try and buy it....he already has 3...well we got to talking about em and he was still persisting on me selling mine. he asked if mine smoked or had anymotor problems, i told em nothings wrong with the motor but im still not selling it. he asked how many miles are on it... i said little over 250 thousand. he said "o shit yours just hit puberty son" he said his had 653 thousand on it, i didnt belive him so i walked over to it and sure enough it did. he bought it new in 91 and said he lives in Fulton (about 80 or so miles from here) and was getting off of work...i guess an 80 mile one way drive every day will put up those kinda numbers. he said nothing major has gone wrong with the motor, said timing belts were the only thing major he has changed....can a b3 actuealy go 650,000????????????
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

5 days a week x 160 miles x 52 weeks x 14 years = 582,400 miles so 650000+ is possible. Don't know if the b3 is that good but that also is possible.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

i would say its possible. when my sister sold her benz, it had over 460,000 miles on the original engine. never open the engine up to do anything, not even valve adjustments!

that engine was 100% untouched. only things it ever got was fuel filters and oil filters and oil changes.

Comment

I've seen a crown vic with 497k miles on the engine.

There's a volvo with over a million miles on it.

So that puts us right inbetween taxis and sweds.
        www.dantheoilman.com
        AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
        Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

When I worked at a courier service we had two aspires with over 350k miles on em. The suspensions were shot and the tranny's needed work, but the engines were tip-top.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

High Miles

Saw a 92 Mark 7 with 570 000 KM in the the yard the other day. Put a booster pack on and she fired right up.
            1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
            B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

yea.. volvos have that extra slot (one more digit) my ma.. before she gave it away, her 1981 Volvo 270 DL had 963,203 mi exactly on it.. damn.. crazy huh? my grand-pa bought it for himself and drove it 100 mi back and forth till 1999 when he gave it to my mom.. she drove it 50 mi back and forth aday, plus odd jobs like picking me up from school, super market.. etc.. horrible paint job, great engines.. my ma just got rid of it right before we move last month and she just bought a 1989 Volvo 740 GL turbo..(the GLE sucks(breaks down all the time and is made shitty)).. the thing has fuckin 165 hp.. it can beat my tiva.. (her car is fuckin heavy though) it is now apart of the family...

Comment

Man my 89 Festiva has 84,000mi on it, almost a virgin!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Working...
                X