My '88 L pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '88 L pics

Finally took a few pics of the black '88 L I am playing with to update/restore ? Can hardly qualify for restore, but hey......gotta do something with it. I just do not see many for sale in nice shape...we are far apart in towns out west it seems...... So here is a pic of it, and the '93 parts car I got to help out..............both kind of trashy, I admit. I would like to keep the '88 in its black paint, re-paint some day. It runs, drives pretty well. I literally saved it from a re-cycle yard last August !
    Our driver white L Plus is behind the black '88.

mjd

__________________________________________________ _______________

Looks like a good one to fix up!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Hey it's a start! doesn't look that bad Old Red looked kinda trashy when I first saw it...
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

looks pretty good! i wonder at what speed that teal one was wrecked? that one is definatly beyond repair, but probably only a 30mph impact

Comment

Nice LX!
          -Josh R

Comment

That looks good ! Be glad you dont have this to deal with. A couple of pics of the one Im currently trying to save. The previous owner caught it on fire changing the fuel filter. He tried to fix it by cutting a section of wire harness from another festiva and splicing into the car. Not very good splicing either as you can see from the top pic. Ill have a new harness it in by tomorrow night hopefully. Going to pull the motor and do a tranny sway plus many other things to numerous to mention. Id say youve got a big head start with that car. Be glad you arent dealing with this mess.

sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

yikes!!!
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^^Yuck!
                Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Yeah !!
                  sigpic

Comment

Bet thats fun Fresh!:p
                    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

Most people wouldnt like it but I do rescue work here at the ranch and I enjoy a challenge. Ill enter it as a FOTM if Im suceed in saving it. It should at least get the FROSTY ( Festiva Rescue Or Save of The Year) Award. The worst part is that its a long term project so I have it outside so it wont take up garage space, and its Jan.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                        Most people wouldnt like it but I do rescue work here at the ranch and I enjoy a challenge. Ill enter it as a FOTM if Im suceed in saving it. It should at least get the FROSTY ( Festiva Rescue Or Save of The Year) Award. The worst part is that its a long term project so I have it outside so it wont take up garage space, and its Jan.
                        Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a nice festiva just like you're others when you're done! Old Red could get the FROSTY award too I rescued that car

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                          That is a job for sure with that wiring ! I never am too good at that sort of thing.....when I got the '88 L, the original owner told me it ran when the re-cycler picked it up, so in a week, I had it going, changed oil, new plugs, a little babying, extra orig. wheel and tire put back on, gosh ! It surprised me when I put a wee bit of gas in the carb, and got her running, sputtering, and finally smoothed out...little oil burner tho, smokey. But I loved it !

I hope to make it look a lot better and do stuff myself, with a sense of accomplishment. People sure have low opinions of these cars....
                          I commend you guys, and Freshtiva, for inspiring us to save and keep these little guys...you and your comments and pictures and advice, help on parts, have all contributed to this guy in staying interested and motivated, I appreciate any and all comments here.
                          Best of 2009 you all,

MJD

Comment

I am confused....car is black engine compartment is blue?

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                              I am confused....car is black engine compartment is blue?
                              2 different cars. One is MJD's new car (black one) and the other is a car Freshtiva bought.
                              Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X