Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a problem with getting side tracked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a problem with getting side tracked?

i really need to finish up my festiva, but i keep getting side tracked with other projects.
    instead of finishing up the festiva, i have went out and bought a new house, i bought 2 volkswagens, (1 is a parts car), i started selling other peoples junk on ebay too.

its like im finding excuses NOT to work on the festiva, and the sad part is, im almost there. i have the suspension done, the brakes done, the interrior 95% done, the body is done (still needs paint though), the engine is halfway done, and the overall engine and trans swap is about 45% complete. so why am i stalling on it? i go out there to wrench on the car determined to get more work done and i get disgusted with myself it and find somthing else to do, like working on my vw's.....

i have way to much time and money put into this festiva. hell i have over a thousand dollars put into the clutch pressure plate and flywheel alone!
    i feel like i need to get back in the "zone" but it seems like i cant.

go for a walk and clear your head.
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

I can identify with you man. I have little obstacles that get in the way and then I start doing other stuff. I've had the parts to completely assemble my engine for almost 3 weeks now but just have not done it. I need to get back at it.

Good look at getting your groove back.
      Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

Sometimes when you've been working on a project for awhile and haven't finished it yet, you tend to get burned out. Just wait a few weeks and then start toying with it again and you should have better luck getting back into it.
        We all want instant results and the longer it takes to achieve your ultimate goal, the less interest we seem to have for it. Give it a rest awhile and it will come back!

:wink:
        Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

NO, go out and drive a Festiva (stock one) drive it hard. Your brain will say man this is fun, now what would it be like with??? You know what comes next, you are totally motivated to see the end result!

Comment

i dont have a stock festiva to drive, the only thing i have that is similar is an automatic diesel powered vw rabbit i just bought that has 2 dead cylinders. man its about as slow as a festiva, maybe even slower.

Comment

If you were close by I'd say try mine it says I go fast but it still has the stock engine. Try seeing if there are any for sale close by that you could "test" drive. I'm with Evogun, gotta drive one to get that feeling back.
              Festivas are like tie fighters if nicked I swear they will go spinning out of control and explode against the nearest object! I love my '91 Festiva (think I need KIA PRIDE badging tho the name makes me laugh)

Comment

Working...
              X