White Festiva L Plus pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Festiva L Plus pics

Ok gentlemen.....I have another few pics for here. This is where it all began for me in finding this site.
    Dad bought the 1990 Festiva L Plus new from the Ford dealer in 1990 I think. We had a spring hail storm which dented a lot of cars, and he got this one for $5,000, discounted $3,000 after the hail. But it was a new car. I remember him asking my opionion about getting it. I never thought much of it then, but I recall when in Billings, Mont. later on in '93 when the big Ford dealer up there was trying to get rid of 5 different colored Festivas...on special sale just to get rid of them....what a dummy I was not to get at least 1 or 2 then...but you know how we are...too soon old, too late smart !
    I have the side window sticker somewhere for this '90 L Plus. It has 95,000 miles, but the speedometer quit last week in -8 degree weather.

Anyway, this last month my wife got hit 2 times while at work...makes me mad. She was legally parked and got some minor stuff hit from a truck driver knocking a fence on her car...see damage :

Here is a recent front view....

Another view : clipped on back next to tail light..drat !!

Here where the fence struck the left side....told my son I could put a cork in the little hole there....ha ! Its like a whale hole.....air comes out with heater on and running..... :p Can you believe $880 damage ?

.....and here is where my wife fixed up the back of the seat this last summer where the sun had faded it so bad, and it showed wear too...I think it is a great job, she just found some carpet to match kind of, and we got the new plastic snap in buttons, and got it all on. I thought it looks swell ! We try to keep towels over the seats to protect from sunlight, and wear, etc.

A larger view of the '88 L we have too ---- see the crease on the left edge of the front hood ?

Anyway, I had heard of the fordfestiva.com site, and it has made me
    want to try to keep these cars going strong...I think they are great, and
    just did not appreciate them much before. I used to have a Geo Metro years back, but I think the Festiva is a better car myself.

Thanks for looking,

MJD

Can you scrounge up a windshield for the black one?

Comment

Working...
    X