Installed a Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed a Tach

As stated in the title I recently installed a big ol' 5 inch tachometer in my festy, to the right of the instrument cluster (once I figure out digital cameras I'll post a pic).

The problem with this is I don't really know the specs for the stock 1.3 it's got under the hood where is a good place to set my shift light to? I've got it at about 5k rpm right now but I think that might be a little high.

Where do you guys shift at under heavy acceleration? I want to set the light just before the shift point for dramatic effect! man the light almost blinds me
    Festivas are like tie fighters if nicked I swear they will go spinning out of control and explode against the nearest object! I love my '91 Festiva (think I need KIA PRIDE badging tho the name makes me laugh)

6200 factory rev limiter.

Comment

Thank you for the reply been a long time since I used a forum sorry :roll: . So I c-o-u-l-d push my festy to 6200. Hmmmm but where is the most bang for my rpm? It seems that the acceleration drops off around 5000 ish. What do the rest of you think? I just want my light to go off just before I should shift for maximum acceleration.

Thank you.
      Festivas are like tie fighters if nicked I swear they will go spinning out of control and explode against the nearest object! I love my '91 Festiva (think I need KIA PRIDE badging tho the name makes me laugh)

Comment

Search, I saw a factory B3 dyno map on here a while back. That would tell you optimum shift point.

Comment

Working...
        X