Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise plz... should i go for it

1988 Ford Festiva - 4speed Manual - 35/42mpg - $850

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm selling my 1988 Ford Festiva. It has 168,000 miles, but still runs very well. During local driving I get around 35/36 mpg, but on highway trips it gets about 42/43 mpg. All four tires are nearly new, and it just got new front brake pads. I also gave it a full tune up fairly recently.

The interior of the car is amazingly clean. You will be suprised.

However, here are the issues that I know about:
    1) Small engine oil leak from the engine pulley. It only leaks a small amount of oil while running and its never enough to notice on the dip stick between oil changes.
    2) Emergency brake does not work. The cable is broken at the rear drums. The cable costs around $100. The car will likely not pass NYS inspection without repairing it.
    3) Small crack in the windshield. Crack is ~8inches long but it will pass nys inspection if you bring the DMV website paper to the inspection that states cracks must be 11 inches or longer.

By equaboi at 2009-01-05

By equaboi at 2009-01-05

it looks nice, and i know its still available. the guy just emailed me today and asked if i was still interested. i have his phone # as well if you'd like me to pm it to you.

i think its been repainted so check for signs of rust, also its a carbed 4 speed which will need some minor wiring for most engine swaps.

Comment

jsut for a clean and vibrant body. id get it.

Comment

yeah i called and it sounds like he a car guy so its probably been well maintained but i'm not to familiar with carbs all my cars have been fuel injected.

what about the price is it reasonable or should i try to lowball 'em if so how much

Comment

offer him $5-600 and see how it goes. it's been for sale on and off for 4 months.

Comment

I have a 89 carbed 4 speed I drive everyday, love it!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Yeah, don't fear the Carb! Looks like a nice find...
              1989 Red L- The Baron
              www.letstalkbeatles.com
              Link to Baron Pics:
              http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
              1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

i hear the carbs are actually better on gas, i wish there were adapter plates readilly available to bolt on an aftermarket weber or something. a built b3 with the right carb would probably be a fun little motor.

Comment

Nice clean car go for it,take a hand full of cash and make him a offer of $600.00!
                  Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                  99 Dodge Caravan SE
                  95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                  94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                  78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                  78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                  03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                  95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                  95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                  95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

go get it..
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

For over a year, my 88-L has been my ONLY vehicle. Thus far it has been the definition of reliability. I agree with everyone else... take cash with you. It speaks loudly!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                      In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

alright ya twisted my arm jk i'm gonna wait till next check and go with a fist full of 10 dollar bills wraped with a franklin the size of the knot might sway em to let it go for 5-6 i'll take 7 just incase thanks for the advice guys with some luck i'll have a festy in about 2 weeks

Comment

Working...
                        X