Just my opinion but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my opinion but......

.... I read on here alot that somebody is searching for a Festiva part or a Festiva or whatever. Then they say they contacted a junkyard that said they just sold it or crushed it last week. Guys, don't buy into that. People just like to mindscrew people. I say this because, by them saying that, YOU are the only one that feels like crap. And in my opinion, that was the intention of the person telling you they just scrapped it or whatever.

I say this because I care about my fellow Festiva Brethren's attitude and my fellow Festiva Brethren's feelings, not the blankety blank feeding you full of it.
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

call me stupid but i have no clue what you are saying lol. not sure who its directed towards either?

Comment

I have seen that happen before on here..not sure when, but recently. I know some yards to crush cars based on logic only they know.

Comment

ahh now i got it after reading a second time. those junkyard workers are jerks sometimes

Comment

we just crushed a honda civvic hybrid at work today.....
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
            NICE!!!!!
            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
            RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
              Any chance you extracted the drive train?
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

that engine/trans would be sick in a festiva. especially if it was 5 speed, i bet it would get 50mpg.

Comment

sick is a good thing LOL

Comment

yes, it would be a good thing to have that honda hybrid motor/trans in a festiva. beyond my skills though :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
                      that engine/trans would be sick in a festiva. especially if it was 5 speed, i bet it would get 50mpg.
                      A good running stock Festiva can get 50mpg.

Comment

yea but a hybrid honda powered festiva would be awesome PERIOD

back on topic now :-)

Comment

Wow, my heart felt concern took a turn I wasn't expecting.
                          ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                          #2 .....Cheesehead
                          #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                          #4 .....Montana Project
                          SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                          Bought her back for $450
                          Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Originally posted by Levitan View Post
                            .... I read on here alot that somebody is searching for a Festiva part or a Festiva or whatever. Then they say they contacted a junkyard that said they just sold it or crushed it last week. Guys, don't buy into that. People just like to mindscrew people. I say this because, by them saying that, YOU are the only one that feels like crap. And in my opinion, that was the intention of the person telling you they just scrapped it or whatever.

I say this because I care about my fellow Festiva Brethren's attitude and my fellow Festiva Brethren's feelings, not the blankety blank feeding you full of it.
                            Alot of times they do that because there lazy and dont want to look or they figure its not worth the time for a cheap part. Thats why I just go to the yard myself. They are less likely to lie to you face.

Comment

Originally posted by Biglay5150 View Post
                              Alot of times they do that because there lazy and dont want to look or they figure its not worth the time for a cheap part. Thats why I just go to the yard myself. They are less likely to lie to you face.
                              I wish there were more yards here like that. Most of the yards here that I have contacted will not let customers look for their own parts. They claim it is for insurance purposes and theft, but I don't believe that to necessarily be the case.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                              88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                              88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                              06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X