[Feeler] My green festiva, part it out or sell it whole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feeler] My green festiva, part it out or sell it whole

After a lot of consideration i've decided the best logical choice for which car for me to get rid of would be my green BP festiva i don't want to get rid of it but i need to downsize (one of my 300ZX's will probably be sold as well so i would be down to 2 cars) so i'm putting it in this forum to see whether to not to part it out or sell as a whole

I'll give as much details about the car as possible so that way there won't be any surprises to any potential buyers

So the parts the car:
    -BP from a (i beleive 95') Protege
    -F-series tranny from an 88' 323
    -Aspire swap (from an auto aspire) which when installed (approx. 10-15k kms ago) had every part replaced for brand new costing me roughly $1200 (except front passenger wheel bearings)
    -KYB's with FMS lowering springs (the rears are installed i just didn't get to installing the fronts)
    -Swoopy power mirrors (the wiring isn't hooked up though)
    -a facory SUNROOF!!!
    -rear defrost (only three lines work though)
    -custom hood (i also have the original hood)

the other parts i do have for it i plan on keeping because of the rarity/sentimental value, like the 180 kph tach cluster, pride tail lights, the grille and clear corner lenses i made for it, intermittant wipers, i think thats all i'd want to keep for sure

now for the bad:
    -The clutch is basically shot, it can hold the power of the BP once it grabs, if it slips at bit while you got the gas to the floor it will continue slipping, meaning no power-shifting but it's drivable

-a couple weeks ago it ran dry on oil from me being stupid and not checking it (i believe the valve seals are the culpret) so now it has a nasty noise from the top end of the engine. i'm guessing/hoping its only a collapsed lifter so it can be saved but i wouldn't be surprised if there more damage to the bottom end, but it does still run and move around

-when i was doing this swap i was rushed to finish the swap therefor the mounts suffered for it, the front mount was only half completed (angle iron on 1 side of the rubber mount) and the tranny sits on the crossmember, i've driven it for over a year like this (except the summer) and the mounts don't cause any troubles

-it has a very weird problem with the drivers side ball joint, the ball joint is good, no play what so ever, yet it still tends to try to pull itself out of the spindle, i've tried countless different hardened bolts and it still basically presses a flat spot in the bolt so the ball joint can pass through, it's never fallen apart on me in a straight line, but it's happened twice in the past year from giving it too much gas while turning a SHARP corner

-it has rust, you can see the road through the drivers side floor, inside the car its a small hole but once you look underneith, it's a pretty big hole, although it can be patched, the bottoms of the doors are rotting out as well, BUT i do have a spare southern passenger side door (compliments of John PU241) and the hatch isn't much better

I beleive i've listed every problem this car has, but if i think of more i'll post it

i really don't know what to ask for a hurting BP festiva, but i would like to see it go to a good home (being as this is my first car), but if it is it's time to find a final resting place, then that maybe what'll happen so if nothing else give me an idea what a fair asking price would be

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

How much would you like for the Pride taillights? How much are they worth?
    -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      the other parts i do have for it i plan on keeping because of the rarity/sentimental value, like the 180 kph tach cluster, pride tail lights, the grille and clear corner lenses i made for it, intermittant wipers, i think thats all i'd want to keep for sure
      Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
      How much would you like for the Pride taillights? How much are they worth?
      Something tells me he won't sell them to you, but they would be worth about $80 if they are ribbed, and well over $120 if they are smooth (and still nice).
      Steve GT

Comment

that is nice to know, I was mainly just wondering on how much they would be worth. Thank you.
        -Josh R

Comment

how much for the sun roof? whats the condition of it?

Comment

BP engine along with trans I would be interested in if car is parted out.

Will be at the Ohio meet in May.

Dean
            Raleigh, NC
            The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
            Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
            link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
            4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
            Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
              how much for the sun roof? whats the condition of it?
              the sunroof is in pretty decent shape but if i part it out i already said Brian gets the sunroof

And no the pride tail lights are not for sale, i intend for those to make it onto my other festiva

V8Festiva - you got dibs on motor/trans if i do part it out

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

where did you get the 180kmh spedo????
                Keep me in mind if you have second thoughts
                Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Comment

Dankid
                  Hate to see you get rid of the green one.
                  Its the car I always associate with you.
                  Yeah, even after the 300ZX clutch event.
                  But if you have to part it, it will live on in other festiva across Canada and the US.
                  If you will be parting it I'd be interested in the swoopy mirrors, original hood, and the front lowering springs (oddly enough, I have a set of un-used rear lowering springs).
                  We could do an exchange at one of the meets (shipping a hood has got to be incredibly expensive) as is usual!
                  One assumes you will keep your stereo out of it as well?
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                    X2 sorry buddy
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Let me know when you figure out a price. I'd be interested in the whole deal...
                      90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
                      93 Festiva L 5 speed
                      93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by JumboShrimp View Post
                        Let me know when you figure out a price. I'd be interested in the whole deal...
                        To be honest i really don't know what to ask (which is why i didn't post in the FS section yet), so if you are serious we can always talk numbers over PM's

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        Dankid
                        Yeah, even after the 300ZX clutch event.
                        But if you have to part it, it will live on in other festiva across Canada and the US.
                        If you will be parting it I'd be interested in the swoopy mirrors, original hood, and the front lowering springs (oddly enough, I have a set of un-used rear lowering springs).
                        We could do an exchange at one of the meets (shipping a hood has got to be incredibly expensive) as is usual!
                        One assumes you will keep your stereo out of it as well?
                        I did already say to Kemp if i parted it out he would have dibs on the suspension, (since he was second in line when Levitan had them for sale) otherwise i would sell them to you, although if kemp doesn't want them when the time comes you'd be second :lol:

Originally posted by wcbarker View Post
                        where did you get the 180kmh spedo????
                        Keep me in mind if you have second thoughts
                        I got it through this site but i can't see it coming up for sale anytime soon

Comment

Oh i forgot to add, i do have a spare tranny for it as well

Comment

Just tell me when you selling that suspension.
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Seems you have a weird problem with burning up clutches dude...

Don't sell the car. Find a replacement body and swap the stuff over. You won't want to drive the B6Tiva all the time, and the 300ZX I'm sure isn't the best winter transportation... Keep the BP for a daily driver.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X