A sad note for us all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad note for us all

Well now that that has gotten your attention lets talk about how sad our pation really is:-)

How many of us can actually say " I will have this car till I die in one form or another" You know end up being the old guy at the car meets, with the odd car no one remembers?

I WILL BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS, I mean I know alot of you say you love these little cars for many reasons, but how many people really just love the car enough to keep it for 40 more years? I want to have a grand kid say, what is that grandpa? And I would tell him about the little roller skate.

By the time our festivas are 20 years old, there will probably not be more than a 100 or 200 left in the US, if that. I mean seriously these cars are out dated, easyly damaged, and thrown out as soon as another car is afforable.

So how many of you really will keep this car for along long time?

Logan

I probably be a keeper for a while. I have been into it sense 91-93 probably most of us because of the first time we saw a ShoGun.

So you are not the only one. I never will have a stock one its just not my style. Also don't think gas cars will be here for ever expect next 15-20 years to convert to electric/hydrogen etc.

Comment

That's a stupid question for me.. but a ligitamate one for others...

Comment

hydrogen

I would love to be around in 20 years, where hydrogen is as easy to work as a gas engine, I would stick one in my 30 year old festiva :-)

Logan

They make lead substitues for really old cars, I think there will be a gas substitute down the road to.

Logan

Comment

gone

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

I don't think I will be driving my festiva in 5-10 years. It will probably go the way of the raman diet and cylinder block shelf.

It is a great car, economical and quick. It just isn't as comfortable as a newer car and when there gets to be very few it won't be cheaper. In the next 5-10 years something will very likely be done about fuel economy, and then the festiva won't be more economical.

I just hope that by then I'll have a big enough garage that I can keep it as a momento.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

Re: A sad note for us all

Originally posted by Gforcefd

By the time our festivas are 20 years old, there will probably not be more than a 100 or 200 left in the US, if that. I mean seriously these cars are out dated, easyly damaged, and thrown out as soon as another car is afforable.
              by time festivas are 20 there will be quit a bit more than 200 left, these things are everywhere, the 89 model is almost 16 years old. so your saying in 4 years many festivas will just vanish?
              Roe:

1990 Jeep Cherokee
              2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Email: Nathan.Roe86@Gmail.com

Comment

subaru

I meant 30 to 40 years down the road, ANOTHER 20 years from now, I saying they get crushed, and tossed alot quicker than say, a subaru

Comment

My plan is to drive Festivas and maybe Aspires for the next ten or so years. By that time parts will indeed start becoming scarce and more expensive than practical. I hope to save critical parts to last me a long time.

However, at some point, I'll have to switch to something else newer.

There's the possibility that I could still have a Festiva or Aspire for longer than the ten or so years. Depends on how things go. It might be a seldom driven museum piece type car, but it could happen. Especially if I do get my barn & ten acres in the country to live in!

I still wish I had my '76 Chevette! It's always been my dream to hang on to a cherished vehicle for ever and ever. The more I learn to do things myself, the more possible that becomes, but I doubt it will last till I die!

At least I'm learning on Festivas to be a mechanic, or at least a mechanic-like being.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I just got mine yesterday - i think i'll choose the 5 year plan. I really like it... but not that much!

I could maybe see myself keeping it for longer as a dedicated track/autocross/project car

Comment

"Project car" sounds good.

Put in a B6 soon.

In a couple years why not a B6T?

Then you'll be wanting a hipo BP with a supercharger...

By the time you're sixty, it'll have a small block all aluminum V-8 with cow fart gas capability in the hybrid jetpacks!

Just keep at it!

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Indeed, it is a sad day when the first 3 repliers to this thread can't spell common English language words properly. Sorry to get on anyones case, but its a peeve of mine.

Originally posted by Gforcefd
                        Well now that that has gotten your attention lets talk about how sad our pation really is:-)
                        Its speltdid passion. I don't believe pation to be a real word.

Originally posted by EVOGUN
                        I probably be a keeper for a while. I have been into it sense 91-93 probably most of us.....:
                        Sense is a different word than since.

According to wikipedia, a sense is a system that consists of a sensory cell type (or group of cell types) that respond to a specific kind of physical energy, and that correspond to a defined region (or group of regions) within the brain where the signals are received and interpreted

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                        That's a stupid question for me.. but a ligitamate one for others...
                        Speldidily-elt legitimate

And for the record...spelt isn't the proper way to say spelled either.

Spelt is considered to be a hybrid of emmer wheat and einkorn wheat that originated in the Near East, where it was cultivated at least 3000 years ago. In the Middle Ages, it was cultivated in parts of Switzerland, Tyrol and Germany. Spelt was introduced to the United States in the 1890s. In the 20th century, spelt was virtually replaced by wheat, which produces higher yields. However, since spelt is rather more hardy than wheat and does not require fertilizers, the organic farming movement made it more popular again towards the end of the century.

Spelt contains about 62 percent carbohydrates, 8.8 percent fibre, 12 percent protein and 2.7 percent fat, as well as dietary minerals and vitamins, including silica. As it contains a high amount of gluten, it is suitable for baking. However, the gluten in spelt is different from that in normal wheat and therefore spelt can be consumed by some gluten-intolerant people.

The name of Spelt in German is Dinkel, and the hull which covers the seed is called spelz. The grains which don't thrash freely like modern wheat were identified by this quality and the name probably wandered into the english language and changed its function.

In Germany, the unripe spelt grains are dried and eaten as Grünkern, which literally means green seed.

The Luxembourger surname "Speltz" is derived from this grain.
                        Wil
                        02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                        00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                        05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                        93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                        96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                        93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

I will do everything I can to keep my festiva going for aslong as possible, even if it requires sacrafcing babies to get new parts made.

and if there come a day I can nolonger cconjure parts, I'll latch onto the next closest in size (likely a Mini-Cooper)
                          "Nothing's gonna grieve us
                          When we drive Festivas
                          I could go a hundred miles an hour
                          Long as I got the Almighty Power
                          With my plastic Jesus
                          Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                            Indeed, it is a sad day when the first 3 repliers to this thread can't spell common English language words properly.
                            F*** you college boy.. You know being anal about stuff causes stress.. which inturn leads to heart attacks and strokes which inturn leads to death. So keep it up.. you just might hav......

e....
                            a..... .... ..............................................____ ________________________________
                            __________________________________________________ ____________
                            ______________________________________ :shock:

Comment

will i still have my festy when i'm sixty...probably...can't say for sure, there is always the chance that it will get totaled in a wreck or something. but i have no plans to get rid of it. may not be the most comfy car in the world but i like it. and i always have my other cars too.
                              Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                              1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                              1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                              2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
                              X