SCCA Runoffs H production Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA Runoffs H production Festiva

For those that know about my racing, you can skip down a paragraph. For those that don't, I'll give a little background.

I've been racing a Festiva at Waterford Hills in Michiagn since 1996. It's always been an ITD car, that is, an Improved Touring D class car. Waterford uses SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) rules. I have also raced some SCCA races as an ITC car (D being a unique to Waterford subclass). About three years ago the SCCA classed the Festiva as an H Production (HP) car. The production class allows more modifications and is raced nationally. So for this past summer I've been racing as an HP car, with the goal of qualifying fot the National Championship races, the Runoffs. I qualified and will be racing next week at the Runoffs at Mid-Ohio. The car is basically the same as it was in IT. I had to add a fuel cell and fire system for safety. I've also lowered the ride height 2" and will have a Festiva Motorsport cam in, since the Waterford race where some of you saw it.

Now for the new info. The Runoffs will be broadcast, one race at a time, tape delayed, on Speed TV. Broadcast date is November 13th, at 1:00. I'll be at the back, the Festiva be pretty underpowered (before the Festiva Motorsport cam anyway), but I'm guaranteed some coverage as I have an interview scheduled with Speed TV before the race. I'd point out I'm the red #7 car, but you guys will spot the only Festiva out there I'm sure.

Tim

Some links of interest:
    waterfordhills.com
    scca.com
    Powersports Vehicles For Sale In Mount Vernon, Ohio. Powersports Vehicles For Sale Near You Available At Mid-Ohio

speedtv.com

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!It Is about time we got some coverage!!!!!!!!I am so watching..NO RECORDING that episode. You are my festiva hero Tim.

BTW: Did the cam add much pep to your car?
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

Head that will get the big cam just got picked up from the machine shop. Different valve springs (dual VW Rabbit race) needed to be installed. I'll be doing a head swap after practice Monday morning.

I have before chassis dyno data, and will be doing an after run after the race week. We can't do any port or combustion chamber work, my results will be what anyone would get bolting in this cam. Looking at the cam numbers, it's cheap bolt on power.

Comment

engine swap

Can you change the engines and still remain in SCCA races? Does it change your classification? If you could have a BP in there, it would really up your chances in that little car.

Logan

Comment

Gotta stick with the 1.3. The dominant car in the class is a 948cc Bugeye. They get a different set of prep rules, but are still just 948 cc's. My 1.3 is big compared to them. There's also 1.7 liter Rabbits in HP with similar prep to me, not like I'm the biggest motor in the class. SCCA classing is a complicated, often political, thing. But everybody runs with the same rules. Cars are built to the classes, vs. classes being built to cars. It's hard for new folks to get it sometimes, but it works.

Comment

Yeah I already had it marked on the calendar from what you said when we were up there.. and for Festiva's sake, Put those FF.Com stickers on before the race PLEASE!!!! Oh btw, bout time you showed up...

Comment

Tim is my festiva hero!!!!
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

Rock ON!!! :headbang:
                Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

TIMMY!

Glad to see you here! I'll definately be watching!
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

give ff.com a shout out when doing the interview.
                    Roe:

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Email: Nathan.Roe86@Gmail.com

Comment

It's tomorrow!

My cable provider yanked Speed :x .
                      Oh well, maybe I can ask my mom to tape it for me
                      I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

badass tim!

I'll record it, I'll be at the Mazda "Zoom Zoom Live" event in D.C. at 1PM.

but I'll record it & possibly post it on here if I can figure out how to transfer video to this computer :shrug:

Good luck Tim! Go Get em!
                        Wil
                        02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                        00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                        05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                        93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                        96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                        93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Way to go TIM! I know you didn't exactly win the thing but you did good especially for your first time there.

You also did great in the interview. Your presentation was nice and I loved the "My other car is a Festiva too!" plate.

Again, Congrats on the great run man. You've given me some inspiration. Imma go work on the car now.

Abe
                          Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

i just got back from that zoom zoom event

but i taped the event on TV, hopefully it taped OK. I'll watch it later tonight
                            Wil
                            02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                            00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                            05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                            93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                            96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                            93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

to anyone that taped it, can you convert the interview segment to an mpeg format and post it here?
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X