exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

what kind of exhaust are you all running?
    1990 Festiva L sport 26.5k miles
    snow drifting machine
    sunpro supertach II, racing pedals, new deck, air horn
    blue neon

OEM or aftermarket OEM for me.
    Would like to have a stainless steel cat back done one day.
    Even just the mid-pipe would be nice.
    Have change the OEM exhaust on various festers way too many times
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I know next to nothing about cars... So take what I'm about to ask with a grain of salt.

How much does an exhaust system effect the performance of a car? If someone were to drop a B6 engine in a car... Is there an exhaust systems that would increase the performance without effecting the gas mileage?

Do exhaust systems have any effect on mileage?

Comment

exhaust... i'm running OEM with leaks at cat and muffler(dang salt) lol but once it gets warmer and i finish my class on mig welding i'm guna build me a custom exhaust... maybe just a staight pipe idk lol

Comment

Was running a 2,25" exhaust with no cat, one small resonator and a dual DTM burnt tip 20$ ebay muffler and was about to become deaf although it had a deep and mean tone...But at a certain RPM, all mirrors were vibrating as well as my whole head; felt like I had an XBox controler vibrating in my head the whole time. Installed a cat, and while it doesn't pop anymore while decellerating, it's still a bit loud...Too deep a tone for my taste. I'm thinking about either adding another resonator or an extra mini-muffler.
          The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

completely custom, 2 1/8" header back exhaust that cost around $100 (including cat and muffler)... best way to go fo sho'!

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
              completely custom, 2 1/8" header back exhaust that cost around $100 (including cat and muffler)... best way to go fo sho'!

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17275
              so im not going to lie but those 2 were deffinitly 2 of the sickest exhausts ive ever heard on a 4 banger... amazing job... any tips haha
              1990 Festiva L sport 26.5k miles
              snow drifting machine
              sunpro supertach II, racing pedals, new deck, air horn
              blue neon

Comment

Fairly rusty OEM on Cherry Bomb and non-rusty OEM going on Silver Bullet. What can I say? I'm simple. LOL
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Is it possible to get that to work on a smaller exhaust to work on a B3?

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17275
                  -Josh R

Comment

fms header, stock cat, fms pipe, bosal exhaust
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                    Paulbarrera12.com
                    Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

For a good thread on exhaust size read: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16365
                      Especially the end of the first/and most of the second page. There are a lot of misconceptions regarding exhaust floating around.

The second post in this thread has as lot more details on my exhaust:

As I said in that thread, I used 2" galvanized conduit. I think the next size down is 1.5", which is probobly a little small even for a stock B3. However, if you really wanted to go with that size, you could. One of the benefits of using the 2" conduit is its the same size as a 2" cherry bomb (its hard to find a cherry bomb smaller than 2") so you can just butt weld them together.
                      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Stock for now, but I have a FMS exhaust going on soon.

Comment

Was this question more for standard applications?

Mine used to be factory manifold, 2" all through, but is now 1 1/2" mandrel bent, match ported, HPC coated manifold- into 2 3/4" stainless polished dump pipe (with gate plumbed back, also polished)- into high flow 2 3/4" cat- into 2 3/4" mild steel mandrel bent mid section- into dual 2" pipes- into 2-4" stainless mufflers and 3 1/2" dumped tips.
                          Last edited by festymick; 01-22-2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

1 rusty OEM
                            1 very rusty OEM(special light weight model)
                            1 cherry bomb no muffler
                            1 2.5" with mazdaspeed exhaust
                            1 perfectly functioning OEM
                            1 FMS cat back system
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

2.25 with cheery bomb turbo muffler and resonator
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                              X