I JUST tried to go buy a Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I JUST tried to go buy a Festiva

This guy in my neighborhood is selling a yellow Festiva I really want.

I just went up there to buy the car from him. We made the deal on Tuesday this week and I didn't have the money until today.
    Well...
    I looked at the title and its not in his name.
    He says its in his "girls" name and they split up last year. Then he moved here (las vegas) from Los Agneles.

He kept telling me its fine and that he has taken it out of the computer in L.A. and I will be able to register it no problems.

I'm just in desperate need of some advice. I really want to buy it.

-Matt

Best thing to do is go down with him to the dmv or wherever you register the car and make it clear there, that way if it cant go through you can leave

Comment

Can you get with him and contact the girl to see if its OK for him to sell the car?
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

title

dont give him any moolah yet.get a hold of his girl and ask her if he stole the car from her ?if he didnt and she gave it to him then how come she didnt sign the title ?she could have reported it stolen then your left holding the bag.take the title to the dmv check with them they will run it thru and see what comes up. dont give him any moolah,money,gelt,floos,zalad,kesef, gabeesh?

Comment

Keep in mind that the number he gives you to speak with the girl, could be someone on his payroll. I'd be very cautious. Why would he be selling it, without clearing all this up first, so that he doesn't even need to talk about it?

Just my .02
          1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

Get the vin, check wih local police.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

OK. Thank you all for the responses. I really appreciate it.

I got the vin and did an autocheck.com report (1/2 as much $ as carfax) it says that it is all clear and it confirmed he is telling the truth about mileage.
              The last entry on the "full history" just says TITLE. I wonder what that means.

I set up with him that we are going to the DMV together tomorrow morning. He seems confident that it will go OK.

-Matt

Comment

A yellow festiva, muh who wants one. LOL I would love a yellow festy:p
                -Josh R

Comment

How did you know it was yellow???

Full history from autocheck.com

Comment

You said it was yellow in your first post. That's how I knew.
                    -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_Awesome View Post
                      This guy in my neighborhood is selling a yellow Festiva I really want.
                      Yellow Festiva! Its in your first post. You can call the CA DMV and give them the vin #,s tell them you are thinking of buying the car but you wanted to check and make sure it wasnt stolen. They will tell you.

Comment

Wow, what's the current mileage on the car?
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Hahaha oh yeah.

Wow, what's the current mileage on the car?
                          Little more than 32,000
                          Last edited by Matt_Awesome; 01-30-2009, 11:34 PM.

Comment

my bet is he bought it to resell for profit, and its in the previous owner's name (who he calls his "girlfriend") that way he doesn`t have to pay tax on it and he doesn`t have to wait for a new title in his name.

Comment

It is not strictly legal unless the owner signs off the title, but if the owner does not complain then the DMV won't ever know the difference. Wow, that is some super low mileage. Lower than my 93 with 50k on it now, and yellow is a pretty awesome festiva color IMO. Good luck!
                              I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
                              White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
                              * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

Working...
                              X