How long have you had a Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you had a Festiva?

How long have you had a Festiva? I have owned the first one for alittle over 7yrs. And the 2nd one (July FOTM) for 2 1/2 yrs now. The 3rd I bought in April of this year.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

I don't have one yet, but I am seriously considering purchasing the one down the street from me
    [Insert Profound Statement Here]
    http://ggacusterfluck.blogspot.com

Comment

I've had 9 of them in total... I drove my first one in 89.. bt didn't buy one until 92.. It was in bad shape (50.00 car) my next one was in 99 and I have owned at least 1 ever since..

Comment

bug

I got the itch when I found this website, because my brother had the festiva disease first.

That was about 2.5 years ago, and I bought this 100 dollar POS festiva, now a parts bin. One set back after another, and I am getting my really decent looking one thursday.

YEAH

Comment

I first noticed Festivas maybe in the early nineties. One nearly outaccelerated my '85 Civic "S" (in case you didn't know, the "S" stands for SLOW!) one time and I thought it was quite a quick little car to do that.

A friend of mine who was about 6'3" tall had commented on the headroom he had when test driving one.

When I got back from Saudi after the First Gulf War, I found a dark blue Festiva at a car dealer's. They didn't come down enough so I didn't buy it.

Finally bought the Mutt around '97 for $2000. I think she had around 65K miles then, and she'd come from New York, where her first owner had bought her new. (I'm her second owner.)

So I've had a Festiva for at least eight years.

Two years ago I bought Luxstiva from a local Ford dealer. The ad had gone, "Ford Festiva, $600...no, NOT NICE!" which I thought was horribly discriminatory. I went and looked and bought her essentially on impulse and she was mine for that same $600 out the door. I didn't think I'd like an automatic but I've grown very fond of it.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

7 days. totally loving it.

Comment

I got my first one in 92. It had 39,000 on it when I bought it, and I sold it 3 or 4 years ago to my brother. When I sold it, it had 250,000 on it. He sold it to a guy at work about a year ago and it currently has over 300,000 and still going strong(body is in pretty rough shape though. Minnesota winters are hard on cars)

We bought our second one in 98. Had 59,000 on it when we got it and currently has 124,000.

Comment

Bought mine on 4/20/05. :hippy2:

I learned about them from doing a search on engine swaps and stumbling onto this forum and the b6t swap.
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

festiva

I have had mine for 1 week.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

ive had mine since the middle of august
                    1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
                    2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

Comment

had mine bout 3 years now...but it was out of commission for a year and a half with a blown motor.
                      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

got my first one about 3 years ago then the one i have now about a year and a half
                        Roe:

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                        2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Email: Nathan.Roe86@Gmail.com

Comment

I've had the green '93 for bout 5 years, had a white '91 for bout six months (parts car) three years ago and bought the red '90 a little over a year ago.

Comment

bought mine summer of 92 for 2500 with 54K on the odometer. Cross the US twice and many road trips otherwise. Now with 156K 13 years later and hoping for 300K.

Comment

I guess in a way it's cheating, but I inherited my father's '88LX in early '89 with ~2K mi - a car I tried hard to get him not to buy. Figured I'd drive it for 5yrs tops. I haven't been without a running Festiva since then. Tinworm did the LX in, but it's still out back. I'm now on #3, a '93L, which is actually the fifth one I've registered if I count my son's & daughter's.

BTW, the old man owned 5 Model T Fords in his youth, so this runs in the family.

If I could ever figure out how to attach a pic here, you could see #3 plus my son's & daughter's.

Comment

Working...
                              X