speed at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed at night

as good as some know I am a person who works at night and studying during the day, and during the journey of my day my festy me throughout my journey ... the truth is that when it's time to go to work I like to drive my festy high-speed (trying to make best of times) it is curious that only happens to my festy ... the century when I drive my dad is not the same ... will be the night? will my car? me will be going crazy ?....

I do not think so .. jejeje

has passed the same?
    if I write badly....thanks google translator

?

Comment

The first sentence made sense (mostly). But you lost me on the rest. I think you may be saying that you drive fast when you are on the way to work at night... then something about your Father?
      I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
      White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
      * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

It's easier to speed at night. Less people to worry about hitting.
        Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

Originally posted by ch33z3x View Post
          It's easier to speed at night. Less people to worry about hitting.

More deer to hit though ......plus other critters !

Where I live anyway

Comment

I disagree with it being easyer to speed at night. At night you cant tell who else is on the road by there headlights. During the day at least you can tell if its a cop behind you or coming in the other direction.

Comment

Actualy, I think he meant that when he drives his Festiva, he likes to try and drive it faster than when he drives his Dad's Buick Century....if that's the case, then I totally understand. My driving style changed when I bought my 1991 Caprice...I drive like a Grandpa now! But I like to save fuel in all the cars I drive, so that has carried over into driving the Baron. Ok, ok, I'll admit I sometimes like to drive fast thru some twisty roads in the Festiva, but that danged Caprice won't do that!!
              1989 Red L- The Baron
              www.letstalkbeatles.com
              Link to Baron Pics:
              http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
              1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

It's been proven in several private and government studies that drivers tend to speed at night, more than during the day. Because your view of the surrounding terrain is limited at night, there are fewer visual cues for you to reference your speed. Therefore, you have the sensation of driving more slowly. To gain the same visual feedback/sensation as obtained during the day, you naturally speed up, not realizing you're actually travelling much faster than intended. Most people are suprised to see exactly how fast they are travelling, compared to their perception of their speed.
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                  Actualy, I think he meant that when he drives his Festiva, he likes to try and drive it faster than when he drives his Dad's Buick Century....if that's the case, then I totally understand. My driving style changed when I bought my 1991 Caprice...I drive like a Grandpa now! But I like to save fuel in all the cars I drive, so that has carried over into driving the Baron. Ok, ok, I'll admit I sometimes like to drive fast thru some twisty roads in the Festiva, but that danged Caprice won't do that!!
                  correct .... the form or style of driving are not the same ... although careful management can not avoid driving fast on my festy...
                  if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

As long as the speedo needle is boucing off the salt and pepper, I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                    X