Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a donor car

Long story short:
    I have a couple of extra ranger pickups and seen an ad for a 88 mazda 323 for sale or trade. Hmmmmm......
    I called and then sent a pic of my truck. (89 ranger 2wd 4cyl 5 spd)
    I was gonna sale my truck for less than she was asking for her car.
    She liked it so we swapped straight up.

I now have an 88 323 SE, 1.6 FI, 5spd runs and drives great
    and has very sweet 17" wheels with really good tires, will probably sell the wheels/tires to get smaller ones for the tiva.

Will post pics when I can get some taken in the day light.
    Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
    1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awsome man can't wait for pictures

Comment

ok, night time pic

1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

car looks clean! needs a little more tire and a little less rim but other than that it looks mint.

Comment

Wow that is SWEET!, Honestly man i wouldnt touch it at all. btw how much was the 323 and your truck?

Comment

lol, It is a clean little car, the clear coat is peeling on the roof/hood and interior is very close to perfect.

The car was posted for $1k or trade and I was going to ask $1k for my pickup.

The wheels and tires on the 323 are not very old and the reciept is in the glovebox for them, $1100 installed

Honestly though it rides like crap and follows the grooves/dips in the road badly with those tires on it. More height and less width it would probably drive great.

I have no use for the extra pickup or the extra car except as a donor, I have another thread on here pertaining to me having to many rigs already and the city sending the old threat letters

Besides I am really not into it much, I had the pickup for 3 1/2 years and about $400 into it total including purchase.

Comment

looks too clean for a parts car, but you probably could get $300 for the wheels/tires if there in good shape! i bet your could still sell the rolling chassis if you decided to keep the motor for your festiva.

Comment

I agree with ruppenduro, but I think maybe you could more for those wheels/tires, again if they're as clean as the rest of the car.
                  Then source you a set of 323GT or GTX alloys.
                  think the GT alloys are 13" and the GTX alloys are 14".
                  Someone else might be able to confirm.
                  With new rubber you might break even on the tire/wheel swap!
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
                    looks too clean for a parts car, but you probably could get $300 for the wheels/tires if there in good shape! i bet your could still sell the rolling chassis if you decided to keep the motor for your festiva.
                    Around here the tires/wheels will sell for at least $700 fairly easily.
                    The tires still have the little "nubs" on them and the clear static cling warning stickers are still on 2 of the wheels. According to the receipt the mileage notation shows less than 300 miles on them.

Honestly, the wheels and tires will more than likely end up on my wifes car, then I can have my festi wheels/tires back Kinda handy having dual bolt pattern wheels around some times.

Comment

Cool Dean,
                      When are you going to start ripping it apart. All you need now is that Aspire swap and you car will be set. I agree with putting those wheels on the wifes Jetta they should look cool on there and you get your good wheels back for the Festy. Everyones right the car is clean so its the perfect parts car IMO. lol If we could keep every car we aquired we could open a used car lot. Didnt you say it had a rebuilt motor? Your gona love that 1.6 and a 5speed in your car.

Comment

damn I wish you werent in oregon ive been looking all over for a clean 4 door shell. If you decide to sell it real cheap and can ship ill take it.
                        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

sweet ride there is a 323 sedan running around my town that is super mint. Waiting for the owner to part with it...
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                          X