You guys check out Ebay today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys check out Ebay today?

Several nice Festivas and one with 12K miles! Just didn't want you guys to miss them!

Do any of you think it only has 12K?

Comment

Id like to see some more interior and engine bay shots.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

It's possible, I'm scoping a little white one about 2 miles from my house that shows under 25K on it. It belongs to a little old lady and it has a tow bar attached to the front so the actual operational miles may be even lower if they pulled it behind an RV while the Husband was still here. It's a plain-jane car but she has covers over the seats to protect them from the sun. I've spoken to her twice but she's planning on driving it until.....
        1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
        1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
        1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
        FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

Look at the orange peel... Not likely factory paint

89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
          RIP 90LX

Comment

Don't you just love how when they take the picture of the front seats they either take it from the passenger side or frame the shot so that the part of the driver's seat most likely to be shot is juuuuust outside the edge of the photo?

Also have to wonder, and you guys from up north can probably back me on this, but you know that 12K in the salt is far worse than 212K out of it if it's not been mothballed during those 16-20 winters. Not saying that's the case but I'd want to see her bottom.

I know because I drove all the way to Iowa to pick up an Ebay vehicle once and that was one ebay mistake I wish I hadn't made.

Comment

I'm going to have to say no way.

It's suspicious that the drivers seat is "cropped" in the picture. No underside pics (Iowa is a rust belt state)

I only know this because I experimented with a 200K odom. out of festy I parted out last year, they are VERY easy to roll back.

Lastly, my instincts (which admitted could be wrong) tell me the paint isn't original. It's not quite the red I'm use to seeing on the abundance of red festys out there.

I hope I'm wrong on all of this and the winner gets a 12K festy for that price.

What ya'll think?

FX
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
                I'm going to have to say no way.

It's suspicious that the drivers seat is "cropped" in the picture. No underside pics (Iowa is a rust belt state)

I only know this because I experimented with a 200K odom. out of festy I parted out last year, they are VERY easy to roll back.

Lastly, my instincts (which admitted could be wrong) tell me the paint isn't original. It's not quite the red I'm use to seeing on the abundance of red festys out there.

I hope I'm wrong on all of this and the winner gets a 12K festy for that price.

What ya'll think?

FX
                I've been painting cars for over 20 years and I can tell you that the factory paint scrapes and chips differently than OEM jobs. That red does look too pretty, but who's to say whether any or all of the car has been "touched up"?

The ODOs are very easy to manipulate. I played with the tach cluster that I installed in my car to try to match the original miles and its a breeze.

Take a look at the strut that's visible in the quarter panel scrape photo. Looks like it's been laying on the deck of the Titanic, pretty crusty!! Imagine the brakes, suspension and ,even more important, the unibody.

Comment

Orange peel, rusty strut...my what great EYES you have! Little Red Riding Festiva!

Comment

This one is 70 miles away. If it stays at a hundo, I'll but it.

The wheels alone will pay for it.
                    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

festyxfi, that car is cheap! It has a sunroof, a/c, and aluminum wheels, plus the seats might look good yet! I too was looking at this car, and was waiting to see if someone would post it.
                      Last edited by 91blufestiva; 02-08-2009, 11:32 PM.
                      -Josh R

Comment

Don't you dare run up the price on me buddy blue...we Mn'ians must stick together, so few of us. If you want it, let me know, I won't bid. I'm sure we can share parts either way.
                        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I wonder if there is a way to get more pics of it(the one in MN)
                          -Josh R

Comment

Blue,

Please just let it run out of time. If you ask him questions, and wnat more pics, He'll know folks are interested, and the price could jump up. We can see by the pics already there that more than a hundred bucks worth of parts is there.

If it stays at no bids, I'll jump in last minute. If you want parts, depending on what it is, I'll practically give them to you. I'm only looking for certain items.

Thanks eh?

FX
                            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

That's be good, I'd like the sunroof off it! Maybe a couple of other things too, not sure yet.
                              Last edited by 91blufestiva; 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM.
                              -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                              X