W007 - not Festi related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W007 - not Festi related

As my V-garage states I own a 1990 Ford Taurus GL. It has 120k miles on it and runs great.

But, it's starting to rust here and there (not in the obvious spots on the fenders and quarter panels; it was undercoated before I got it, and I'm fiberglassing those to continue protection) spot rust, I cleaned the spots off with rubbing compound and put touch-up paint on the areas (doesn't match, but it's better than bare metal in Ohio right?). Any ideas how to repair these areas? They aren't cancer rust, I have one (I'll post pictures if I can find it) area crushed in that needs popping out and body work to be done (give for minor dents a monkey could pop out blindfolded). I may save up my pennies and have the ol' bull repainted (grandma's ex-car, so it has sentimental value) since it's rough and (maybe) faded.

On for the exciting part! With a lead up hah.

Last year I broke all my motor mounts (tranny included) doing roll-backs. Well I have now sworn off said roll backs and have replaced all the engine mounts.

Now after we replaced the mounts there was a slight clunk on accel, shifting from reverse to drive. Well, with the help of my ever knowledgeable uncle, we found the source!

One of the bolts (there's two) on the front engine mount was a little bit loose, and the mount was slipping when the engine torqued. So we tightened that today, AND NO CLUNK! yes, finally no annoyances (other than bad drivers)!!!

Also, this spring I get to replace the CV joints, brakes, and perhaps a few more engine lines (the car has sat 90% of its life and the hoses are going bad, nothing serious though).

Anyway, just thought I'd share, because I was curious and excited!

Thanks!

Sean

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Nice you found the issue....the Taurus was a fine car.
    1989 Red L- The Baron
    www.letstalkbeatles.com
    Link to Baron Pics:
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
    1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Yeah, I want to make her last as long as possible. I'd cry if she died.

Comment

I passed my Taurus (95 GL 3.0) on to my daughter after I got the Festiva. I thought I would soon be crying when she kills it but she just had the oil changed! woohoo!

Comment

Ground her for a year if she scuffs the paint. lol

Comment

Love my '95, getting ready to sell it to a friend's cousin as soon as I get a new trans put in (but she will take care of it I know ). I miss my '87 and '90 wagons dearly, and want another first gen wagon someday
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I know the gen1's are hard to find. I've only seen one other here other than mine. And it's rusted bad.

Comment

cut it out, you two!! you're making me miss my '89!!!!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                X