Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NuFinish ,interior cleaning and ding removal..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NuFinish ,interior cleaning and ding removal..

O.K.,so I tried the nufinish on my newest Festy.Here are some pics.I did the left of the hood just to see how it would do.You can see trees in left side and it is still faded on right.Also,did the spot behind pass door.I didn't wash the car.Just did this to test it.I think it did great for just wiping on and off.I did notice more small dings that I didn't notice when it was faded.
    I see companies that do dent/ding removal.I have seen them do it with something like a big cotton swab on a metal rod.Anyone know if we could fab something like that and rub our own dents/dings out ??
    As for the interior.I have no clue what is on the seat or floor.I think maybe oil or something.Any ideas to the best way to clean it good ?This is the car I will be selling soon,so,want it all good.

Last edited by TONYCASH; 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM.

Can't tell you for sure what to do with the interior besides pulling it from the car, soaking it down with any number of cleaners and then pressure washing the fire out of it. Sometimes that works and sometimes it's just too set.

If the paint's original it's not clearcoated and rubbing it out takes the oxidized top layer off. You can wax it hard, avoid direct sunlight and harsh chemicals and it will look OK for awhile but it's sure to get bad again. Ditto if it's a cheap re-paint

The dings are taken care of by the paintless dent removers by taking long pick tools and working the metal back and forth while watching the work under a special light. If the hood's this way the top is as well, I'm sure. This can get expensive. Unfortunately the skins are thin on our cars so they dent and ding very easily, but then again that's why we get great mileage!!!
    1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
    1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
    1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
    FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

use that bio enzyme stuff that festiva used. The exterior looks better, but now it brings out the dents.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
      X