• Show
Clear All

'AC compressor bypassed with a shorter belt.'

Huh ?
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Red Festy

I called the guy this morning about this car. He said the buyer was signing the title as he spoke! The earlier bird got the worm...good for you. If you want a real tire as a spare instead of the space-saver, I've got one for you.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
        'AC compressor bypassed with a shorter belt.'

Huh ?
        Read that off one of the repair tickets. I'm assuming (dangerous word) that a shorter belt was installed. But that can't be because my 90 has AC and it runs off a separate belt from the alternator. When I looked over the car, my focus was on the body and interior. I only did a cursory look under the hood for hoses, wiring, missing and leaking parts. When the sun comes up I'll see exactly what that means.

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        I called the guy this morning about this car. He said the buyer was signing the title as he spoke! The earlier bird got the worm...good for you. If you want a real tire as a spare instead of the space-saver, I've got one for you.
        I heard the call.
        Last edited by CharlieZ; 02-15-2009, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a repair bill scam . That probably means they took the old a/c belt off.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
            Sounds like a repair bill scam . That probably means they took the old a/c belt off.
            Don't know about the scam part but removing the belt is exactly what was done. Might be in the shop's semantics. :-)

Comment

Working...
            X