E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Bay

Why do some of us sell on e-bay and then not ship outside the USA, Shipping only cost the one you are shipping to not yourself.
    Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Originally posted by wcbarker View Post
    Why do some of us sell on e-bay and then not ship outside the USA, Shipping only cost the one you are shipping to not yourself.
    because there are different laws for shipping outside the US, and it can be a major pain in the butt, depending on what is being shipped and where it's being shipped to.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

auto parts should be no problem

Comment

Originally posted by wcbarker View Post
        auto parts should be no problem
        depends on the part and the destination country. Fuel system components, even new, cannot be shipped to certain countries. There are some countries that are outright banned from shipping to, regardless of the item.

one of my co-workers just tried to ship a magneto for an alcohol race engine to Taiwan. The shipment was rejected due to ALL engine magnetos being classified as military hardware. It wasn't that Taiwan couldn't receive it, it was that the US wouldn't permit it to be sent to Taiwan.
        Last edited by FB71; 02-16-2009, 10:14 PM.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Some people just won't be bothered with the extra paper work.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

That really sucks perfectly good parts and I can't buy them.

Comment

At one point I had a seller in the UK that was going to sell me a whole box of parts, but backed out when it came time to figure out the shipping. International shipping can be a real bear sometimes, like FB71 said.

Comment

When one ships ups to Canada, it costs much much more than to ship usps. The people in the other country usually know the tips and tricks and are happy to advise the seller what to do. win/win situation.

In the old days on ebay (before invoices) sneaky canadian winners would pay you before you could email them a new total and then make a claim + bad feedback if you refused to sell them the pieces...when they have only paid the 48 US states price. My auctions always stated if you are not in the 48 states message me first.

**disclaimer** "Sneaky Canadians" only refers to the sneaky jerks from Canada who practiced this. I have no problem shipping items I sell anywhere.
                Last edited by getnpsi; 02-17-2009, 01:51 AM.
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I've shipped two Geo metro AC units to Canada, both took over a month to arrive...but they did arrive.

I had to field quite a few "where's my stuff!!" emails during that time.

FX
                  Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I shipped a part to someone in Canada and another part to someone in Tennessee at around the same time. The part to canada was delivered in around a week I think and the part to Tennessee never arrived and was "lost" in the mail. Not really sure where I'm going with this....just thought it was wierd. Shipping outside the 48 is very expensive though. When I was trying to sell a spoiler I had a guy in Hawaii that wanted it but I couldn't find a way to ship it cheap enough to make it worth it to him.
                    ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

Sellers just want the items gone at the highest return for the lowest effort. It makes perfect sense to me (although I do not necessarily like it).
                      I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
                      White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
                      * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

Makes perfect sense but id rather ship to Canada than sit on inventory.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

new postal law that going to be made through USPS states you have to have 2 copies of an invoice if you are shipping to canada....I experienced it while shipping Sasquaches (sp) autometer tach.
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Since I am the reason for this thread I will go on record saying that I agree with most of the above. I will add you to the exception list wcbarker. You should be able to bid now.
                            -Bryant

Comment

Ok Sorry Gomez its not you i was just wondering why there is so much stuff on e-bay and alot of it says shipping to USA only. I didnt realize it was such a hassle.

Comment

Working...
                              X