• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ford ka

weird article
    1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
    2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

i do believe that crack smoking accounted for half of the research for that article
    [Insert Profound Statement Here]
    http://ggacusterfluck.blogspot.com

Comment

wtf

yeah, I'd say about 98% of that article was incorrect, the guy obviously didn't do a lick of research on the history of festivas, since practically everything the stated was wrong, even for Australian festivas, the info was incorrect.
      Chris Rummel

Comment

Besides all the wrong things, I had no idea Ozzies were that lazy - complaining about no automatics and no remote hatch release. Crimony!

I heard and then saw a Ka in Denmark that did not seem to lack performance, either, but unfortunately never got to drive one there.

Maybe if Rita sends gas >$4/gal, FoMoCo will start selling them here. It's about the only thing that might make me consider parting with my Festivas.

Comment

Some Ka engines can develop rattles, particularly in the lifters, and oil galleries can clog up if oil changes are skipped.

Spark plugs can jam in their threaded holes if they're not replaced frequently enough. Removing the cylinder head is usually the only - and costly - option.

A
          AA
          AAA
          A
          A

Isn't this what happens in all cars if they aren't maintained?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

ka

How does he think it came from a festiva? Its funny he listed a competor of the festiva, a mazda 121, its the same )(#$w@ CAR!

Anyways....

Comment

The article mentions that the "dreadful" Ford Festiva was introduced (to Australia, remember) in the first half of the 1990s.

That would mean the "Aspire" Festiva. Not the 1st gen Festiva we know of.

Also, the Mazda 121 began back in the seventies as the "Cosmo." It was a RWD sedan.

Then came the Mazda 121 "Festiva/Pride."

Then in 1990, IIRC, the Mazda 121 morphed again, into the Demio "Bubble Car."

The author is comparing the Ka with the 2nd Gen Aussie Festiva (Aspire) and the Mazda 121 Demio.

Yeah, it gets a bit complicated.

The Mazda 323 goes back a ways, too. I believe the GLC ("Great Little Car") which was RWD, was also referred to as a 323. Then they brought out the really boxy 1.5 L cars, then the more rounded late eighties 323s that we are more familiar with.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Stupid review by a stupid person.

Why would you list "handles like a bigger car" as a posative?
                Saying the engine dates to the 50's is just plain misleading since ALL engines have parts that date from the 50's
                Complaining about no 5 door and then saying that the rear seats were cramped. IT'S A SMALL CAR, DUH!!

I discount that article, the ka rules.
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

any one feel like a trip to Aussiestan for a good ol' ass beating session?
                  "Nothing's gonna grieve us
                  When we drive Festivas
                  I could go a hundred miles an hour
                  Long as I got the Almighty Power
                  With my plastic Jesus
                  Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

He doesn't understand that it doesn't matter if festiva's are even a little outdated..they're supposed to be cheap cars, great on gas, and as a bonus they have a ton of space inside. And I don't care if I have to open the hatch with my own arm. That's not a reason to buy a different car.

PS, anyone seen the commercial for the sportka? It's hilarious.
                    marc
                    white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by Marc's fesDiva
                      He doesn't understand that it doesn't matter if festiva's are even a little outdated..they're supposed to be cheap cars, great on gas, and as a bonus they have a ton of space inside. And I don't care if I have to open the hatch with my own arm. That's not a reason to buy a different car.

PS, anyone seen the commercial for the sportka? It's hilarious.

I like the one with the bird the best.
                      "Nothing's gonna grieve us
                      When we drive Festivas
                      I could go a hundred miles an hour
                      Long as I got the Almighty Power
                      With my plastic Jesus
                      Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

that's the one i was referring to...
                        marc
                        white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment