Normal price for rims and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal price for rims and tires

how much is it normally for the rims? I bought mine with winter tires and winter rims. I'd like to have a set of all seasons but am curious about the price.

Originally posted by Munner
    how much is it normally for the rims? I bought mine with winter tires and winter rims. I'd like to have a set of all seasons but am curious about the price.
    At the local j/y: steel rims $15 each. Alloys $30 each (CDN $)

Hope I don't get flammed for highjacking Tim's thread :roll:
    I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

I have a set of steel wheels with good tires on them. Make me an offer. Shipping might get you though. I'm in Cincinnati Ohio, but they shouldn't be too bad. Their not that heavy.
      www.4carguys.com
      1989 SCCA Ford Festiva - SOLD
      2009 Ford Fusion Sport

Comment

I paid $60 for my rims and tires - that's $15/wheel. Plus I got a spare tire.

These tires are practically new, have 95% of their tread left, and best of all the rims haven't rusted out!

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim
          I paid $60 for my rims and tires - that's $15/wheel. Plus I got a spare tire...
          From a sympathetic forum member that did the Aspire brake swap on his Festiva. Can't have those crazy kids driving around my neighborhood on bald tires you know.

FWIW, Junkyards around Houston charge $15 for steel and $30 for alloy wheels PLUS they tack on whatever they want for the tires on the wheels. What? You say you only want the wheels and not the junk missmatched tires on them? Well, then you'll have to leave the tires and only take the wheels. Ever tried to remove tires from wheels in a junkyard with minimal tools?
          Ex Nemo Non Feces

Comment

They do tend to charge a lot for the tires at the junkyard - and most of the ones I've encountered are shot. I looked there first and was disappointed with my findings.

I swapped out all 4 wheels; mine had almost no tread left. I kept 2 of the best, and gave the others to a friend who put them on his boat trailer.

Many thanks for the wheels - I noticed an immediate difference in the way the car handled - steering is easier and there's no shuddering or vibrating any more.

Regards,

Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

my yard

My yard doesn't seem to care about the tires, unless you only want the tire itself. Usually they just give it to you as part of the price of the rim.

15 steel
              22 aluminum

Comment

Working...
              X