1988 Festivas - anything special ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Festivas - anything special ?

Guys, I was curious ....is there anything odd, or special about the first year Ford Festiva ? I just thought being the first year out, anything different, rare, obvious, in their build, interiors, options, etc.
    Did Ford ever make a special announcement, or something early, in their ads that these little cars were coming ? Or early pre-sale literature of them ? I am always interested if first year history stuff about cars, and wondered if any of you knew about these early years.
    One thing I did not know, was that little stripe on the side body graphics on the early '88 cars, I just had not seen that til I knew of this site. Of course, wish I had paid more attention to them back then. I have had my share of buying these great cars over the years, just did not do it ! disgust
    Are the carbureated engines and fuel system decent to get parts for now ?
    And other things ?

Thanks for your time ........

The '88 can have the option of having it being an LX, if your car was an LX then it would have to have movable headrests, split fold rear seat, had a bunch of other stuff. As for history, I'm not too good on that, but every once in a while, you can find parts for the carb motor, either on here, or on Ebay. Hope I helped.
    -Josh R

Comment

The very first 88 festivas for california sometimes get called 87s because of how early they were made. Some of these festivas had four speed transmissions that were geared differently than future 4 speeds.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

The early carby models have seat belts that dont kill you (non-automatic belts)
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
        X