Notes Paying Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes Paying Off

I got a call a few days ago from another Festiva owner. I left a note on his car in the parking lot of my Dr.'s office telling him about the site and that I was available to help with parts or repairs or to buy his car, etc. He called because he was having brake issues, but just had surgery and was unable to do anything to fix them himself. He replaced the shoes himself a couple weeks ago, but they were spongy ever since. I went over this morning and long story short, replaced a wheel cylinder and also found out the master cylinder was bad. Anyway, he was very grateful for the help, and offered me money, but in this situation (he is laid off and just had surgery) I couldn't accept. I told him about this site again and he said he will be joining. He thinks it is great that there is a community of devoted Festiva owners, especially ones willing to help each other out.

Interesting side story, he got his car from a farmer who had it parked in a field. He paid $50 for it. The only thing he needed to do to the car was put a battery and a fresh tank of gas in it. He said the brakes were the first issue he has ever had with the car in the year or so he has had it. He bought it as a temporary replacement for a Beretta that's broke down, but the festiva bug bit him hard. He said he has no plans to ever sell it. LOL

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that we most likely will have a new member joining after his second surgery next week. He is looking forward to a long life for his Festy and to meet the people through here.

Edit: I forgot to mention that his car is a red 88 L model.
    Last edited by hawkdoc60; 02-21-2009, 03:15 PM.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Thats cool....love it when things like that happen. I will watch for the sign up.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

good deed you did!
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

^^Thanks. I like to think I'm a nice guy. LOL

06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

You most certainly are a nice guy.....THAT'S paying it forward!
          1989 Red L- The Baron
          www.letstalkbeatles.com
          Link to Baron Pics:
          http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
          1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

good job Doc. Helping him was a very kind thing to do. Keep up good work
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Thanks guys. I was just doing what I would hope someone would do for me if I ever needed it.

Comment

Its good to see things like this taking place. The Festiva is a dying breed, but thanks to gearheads like us it still lives strong. Oliver killed a Honda Civic last night to show that Festivas aren't just for fuel economy, but power. Nice work Hawkdoc60
                "If you're not first you're last!" -Ricky Bobby

-91L "Oliver" Now B6DE swapped with an ATX Capri ECU on a MTX!!!!
                The little Festy that could...and did!
                (Gone on to a new life)
                -90 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer

Comment

wow, what a great story. i hope someday i can help someone the way you did.

Comment

Originally posted by cubstiva1 View Post
                    wow, what a great story. i hope someday i can help someone the way you did.
                    Will you finish and pay for the rest of my car. And after it it done do all of the maintenance on it for me as well. HA HA HA JK

Yes I love it when I see this kind of stuff happen. I too hope it happens I come upon a situation where I can help a friend in need.

Great job fellow Fetsiva owner. This is probably the best Club I have ever been involved. Or ever will be.
                    -Bryant

Comment

Working...
                    X